• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I get paint off of Acrylic (plexiglass) face?

petepaz

try tape. depending on what paint you used it may not bite in to the acrylic so put tape over it and pull it off. i had to do that with some acrylic i ran through the uv a week ago. printed a line that should not have landed on the acrylic (didn't have it masked off enough) but took some clear packing tape pressed it on the ink and pulled it off. good as new and no damage to the acrylic.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I've seen reclaimed faces, and it's a mess to soak with thinner and clean out. And if the copy was masked with spraylat and cut in there will be cut marks in the plastic.

Much easier to just buy new faces.

Billct2

Or ifd a new pan is too expensive just cut out the flat part of the face and glue in a new piece of flat acrylic.....:ROFLMAO:

petrosgraphics

is it plexi for sure? *or polycarb... * if it is plexi *it was probably sprayed with gripflex paint, or the like, this can be *cleaned using lac. thinner. if it's polycarb
no *no and no. it will not clean and it will be yellowed, anyway.

chubby

Don't do anything that has been said on here!!!!! Back sprayed sign faces are cleaned denatured alcohol. We repaint them all the time just have plenty of rags on hand.

BobM

Brake Fluid. Let it sit a few minutes, wipe up the bubbled paint and wash several times with Rapid Tac. Had a wide black outline around some vinyl. Si Allen recommended that trick and it worked great. Don't get any on a painted surface you want to keep.