• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I use Wasatch as a plotter only?

Angela

Hello~
Is there anyway to use the Wasatch program to just cut vinyl without going through the printer? Like my Graphtec Cutting Pro FC1400-75? The FC1400-75 is down right now and it seems tedious to have to run white vinyl through the printer and then the plotter. Any advice is appericiated. Thank you

bbeens

Hi Angela-

You can use Wasatch in the manner you describe below. In Softrip select the unit you have configured as your cutter and open the file which contains the cutpaths you want to cut. In the display you can ignore any color data you see and just click the Rip and Print button. This will send just the cut data to the cutter.

Let me know if you have any troubles following this.

Best Regards,

Bryan

Angela

Thank you Bryan. I do have some questions. Do I need to create cut paths like I do when I am printing and cutting? Also do I go into Set Up Print to change from printer to plotter? Will I need to go into Queues and choose only the plotter? Again thank you so much, this will be a very good thing if I can do it.

Angela

Hi Angela-

You can use Wasatch in the manner you describe below. In Softrip select the unit you have configured as your cutter and open the file which contains the cutpaths you want to cut. In the display you can ignore any color data you see and just click the Rip and Print button. This will send just the cut data to the cutter.

Let me know if you have any troubles following this.

Best Regards,

Bryan

HI Bryan,
Thank you for your reply. I just replied to the thread and was not sure if you are on there, so I am trying to get a hold of you this way. If you wouldn't mind heading over there and answering some questions I would really appreciate it. Thank you again, I really hope I can do this.