• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I wrap this?

grafixemporium

In my opinion, some jobs just aren't worth the time you will have to invest. Can you wrap that bumper in matte material in one piece... yes. Should you? No. Will it look good wrapped in matte black? That depends on who you ask and what their opinion of "good" is. In my opinion, nothing is going to look better than paint.

Remember, matte finish vinyl tends to "shine up" in areas that are heated and stretched. Let's just say there's a good amount of heating and stretching that will go into that bumper if you want to do it in one piece. So all that heating and stretching opens the door for adhesive failure on those crazy compound curves. Plus, you can't cover every square inch of that thing without removing the bumper. How much are you planning to charge for this job? Now tell me, is it worth your time?

I'll tell you this... we get at least 2 to 3 quote requests a week for a matte black wrap. We've never done one and I hope we never do.

HulkSmash

In my opinion, some jobs just aren't worth the time you will have to invest. Can you wrap that bumper in matte material in one piece... yes. Should you? No. Will it look good wrapped in matte black? That depends on who you ask and what their opinion of "good" is. In my opinion, nothing is going to look better than paint.

Remember, matte finish vinyl tends to "shine up" in areas that are heated and stretched. Let's just say there's a good amount of heating and stretching that will go into that bumper if you want to do it in one piece. So all that heating and stretching opens the door for adhesive failure on those crazy compound curves. Plus, you can't cover every square inch of that thing without removing the bumper. How much are you planning to charge for this job? Now tell me, is it worth your time?

I'll tell you this... we get at least 2 to 3 quote requests a week for a matte black wrap. We've never done one and I hope we never do.

:goodpost: this is 100% true.

ProWraps

AMEN. we get 2-3 a FRICKIN DAY! and thus far i have turned EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM DOWN. and because of it, im profitable.

not to mention, i could accept EVERY ONE OF THEM, and i bet not a single one would actually go through.

b to c customers, NO THANKS.

ProWraps

hah. just got another one.

"Comments: Hello i have a 2006 subaru wrx wagon and am looking for just the top of my car wrapped in black. Just looking for a quote. Thanks "

HulkSmash

hah. just got another one.

"Comments: Hello i have a 2006 subaru wrx wagon and am looking for just the top of my car wrapped in black. Just looking for a quote. Thanks "

Yeah, we get 2-3 a day, always turn them down.

And now, since 3M sells to everyone and their ****ing cat, they call in saying they can order it directly from 3m and get it cheaper, but just want me to install.

ucmj22

sounds good, I'll give him a quote of $800 and send him on his way. he already did the side rails himself, with 3M matte that he purchased... somewhere, I didn't even ask, and it just looks like he has black plastic side rails, and I'm sure once I do the bumpers, They will just look plastic as well.