• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can NOT import eps to flexi sign pro

nickmacri

hi if anyone out there could help me i would really appreciate it!

for some reason my flexi sign pro has decided to stop importing eps and .ai files, before i could just drag and drop into the main square, or import any eps, ai files, but now when i try it nothing happens... no error sign, nothing! i can import jpg and giff files but no eps.
it still opens my previously made files saved in .fs from eps files aswell

if anyone can help me PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE

THANKS

zmatalucci

try setting your prferences back to default. Just make sure that you are aware of all your connections (tcp/ip etc.)

high impact

Flexi won't open an ai or eps file if it is too new of a format. I don't remember which version I couldn't open a few months ago...needed the provider to save in an older version and the file opened right up.

Drip Dry

If there is something truley wrong with the program, then I would think that doing a "Clear Preferences" cures a lot of issues. You can find it on the start menu within the Flexi group.

If you are using the drag & drop method, then it only works if you have a file open. You then need to minimize the file to the task bar. Then drag & hover the .eps file to the minimized file on the taskbar, wait for the document to open and then drop the file in the document.

One point of warning here when using this method with images such as .jpg's. In past versions of flexi, I found files were lost even after saving the file.
For instance... a picture from the camera is on the desktop, drag and drop the image to the flexi file and save it. Now the image is deleted from the desktop because it's not needed. Next time the file is opened, the image is gone. You can see it in the preview window, but when the document is opened, there's a blank gray box where the image should be.

Since we upgraded to 7.5, I've been told that it dos'nt happen anymore, but I have not had an opportunity to fully test it.
The way we bring in files now is by using the import function from the "FILE>IMPORT" menu. You do need to tell it what type you are opening in order for it to work.

JT

Samm

Import them?

Been on Flexi for a buttload of years here and never come across one I couldn't just open!

BTW - Welcome!

Boomer

Did you try "right click" on file then "open with" then "design software".This has worked for us before.

Replicator

Welcome . . . If you have Adobe Acrobat Writer you can convert EPS and AI files to PDF and then Import PDF . . . !