• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can one buy these cubes?

omgsideburns

why dont you 45* the edge of the foam core (or whatever stock you use), and use right angle aluminum stock with velcro on it on all four sides. they it just sticks together and can be disassembled or panels replaced easily..

i have built many of these from 1' cubed to 4' cubed. and then wrapped them with imagery for a large high end retail chain store. i always made them out of dibond and have been surprised that more people havent made these. make a few extra for your showroom and a smaller one that you can haul around to show clients with photos of the larger ones you make and you will see more...customers love them.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We made something similar out of acrylic. All the edges were mitered then glued together around the four sides first. Then we glued the bottom on and from the top we glued bars for support into all of the corners. The last step was screwing the top on and recessing the screws so they didn't show. Then we sprayed them. We made them for exterior and interior use. The ones outside have been there for over 15 years. The boxes weren't all that heavy either and could easily be carried by anyone.

not too long ago (within the year) i saw an article either online (maybe on this forum) or in print regarding a company outside of the US that made giant milk cartons out of dibond on a aluminum frame (these cartons appeared to be about 10' tall, maybe even taller) does anyone else remember seeing this?

might be a good resource of info for you if we can find it as it was very descriptive in regards to how they built them.

sign_student

3' x 3' Cubes

Hi There,

We had 3' x 3' cubes made from an aluminum frame. (Custom made from a metal frame manufacturer that had 1/4" channels in them. The Channels were then fitted with Sintra panels printed on a flatbed printer. ( We put a light difusing acrylic on the bottom and had a light fixture added but that's not necessary.

They are easily taken apart and stored flat for shipping

They looked great!

Good luck,

Patrick

Attachments

• BOX3_3.jpg
    BOX3_3.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 107
  • FRAME.jpg
    FRAME.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited: