• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can one buy these cubes?

I have a customer that wants a display like the one in the attached photo. Can one buy these cubes somewhere? I know I've used some panel systems that could probably be made into a cube, but it was at a different job and I don't know who the manufacturer was...

Any ideas? (We've talked about building them... but I would like to avoid having to build 16 perfect cubes...)

Attachments

• cubes.jpg
    cubes.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 122

CanuckSigns

i've never seen them anywhere, but anyone with a cnc router and a V-cut bit should be able to score them out of Di-Bond and you could simply bend them into shape

i've never seen them anywhere, but anyone with a cnc router and a V-cut bit should be able to score them out of Di-Bond and you could simply bend them into shape

At first I thought this was a great idea... but then I thought about it -- if I wanted them to be 3'x3' the sheet that the flat cube would be cut from would have to be at least 9'x12'...

Pat Whatley

There is an architectural/display company that sells those. They come in a flat box and you assemble them with a screwdriver like all that cheap furniture from Wal-Mart. One of the malls locally had them and I had to assemble them before we could letter them. I glanced through the catalog from the company and it was full of stuff like that for retail display.

From what I remember they were about three times the price they would have been just getting a cabinet shop to build them.

Rooster

At first I thought this was a great idea... but then I thought about it -- if I wanted them to be 3'x3' the sheet that the flat cube would be cut from would have to be at least 9'x12'...

Or do it in two pieces, put together like a baseball gets sewn together. Then your pieces only need to be 3' x 12'.

A box maker could easily put together the box and you could just apply the vinyl to the sides.

What's the display for? Will it remain in one place or does it need to travel from show to show?

They want to be able to move it and re-use it. I'm going to try to push them towards using some sort right angle of clip... that way the cubes can be broken down to be stored and the images can be rearranged or replaced whenever they feel like it.

Geez I should have thought out the math a little more. 3x9 is correct.

Although 3x3 panels and right angle clips will allow for the easiest transport.

My reason for saying it would have to be a 9'x12' sheet is that when one "unfolds" a cube it comes out shaped like a cross. 3 panels tall by 4 panels. I would think that if it was going to be done with a router and be folded into shape you would want it to be one piece.

Attachments

• 3d_cube_net.gif
    3d_cube_net.gif
    966 bytes · Views: 127

cOrKinSA

Did something similar to this a long time ago with Sintra and Slotted Coroplast hinges glued to the back to buckle them in place. I sure wish I took pictures of this to explain clearer.

signmeup

It also occured to me that they don't need tops or bottoms. Then they would simply fold flat when you layed them on their sides.