Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can some help Please!!FAST!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Roland' started by James605, Jul 6, 2008.

1. James605

James605 Member

May 6, 2008
    So i just got a this new sp300v last week . Everything has been fine... Went to start printing out a few different things and im getting a white"ish" color specs,dots,splatter, whatever you want to call it. I did a test print everything looks good, cleaned it like it said too but nothing... I tried to take acouple pics...Oh and i looked at the heads and they is a grayish spot on the one, i circled it in the pics...Can anyone help me? Please call me at 614-588-3054 Thanks
    James

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Looks pretty damn clean . . .

Could it be the wrong media type or profile ?

3. Capital Signs

Capital Signs Very Active Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Either wrong profile, or on the head where you are saying, you may want to take a swab, soak it in cleaining fluid, and just hold it on there for about a minute, see if that helps. Maybe clogged, but it does look very clean!

4. cgsigns_jamie

cgsigns_jamie Very Active Member

Is the media clean? Sometimes the first few inches of material can be contaminated. Try wiping it down with isopropyl alcohol or printing a little further in the roll.

Can you post a photo of the test print? Does it look like all the nozzles are firing?

5. James605

James605 Member

May 6, 2008
    sure thing test print coming up...tried on roland media and looks the same 3 different medias...

6. James605

James605 Member

May 6, 2008
    Cant see to clearly cause the camera has auto focus that broken but looks almost perfect....

Attached Files:

7. cgsigns_jamie

Test print looks good.

What material are you printing on and what are your heaters set at?

8. James605

James605 Member

May 6, 2008
    the media in there now is styletech or something like that from the local supplier, also i have the roland media that came with the machine. Not sure about the heaters, can you tell me how to check as i dont have the manual here now.

9. James605

James605 Member

May 6, 2008
    i printed 10ft of thesse logos and everyone of them has the spots.... and the test print from versaworks..the fours blocks at the top 1 each color. all look good but the BLACK there is spots everywhere in it...

10. cgsigns_jamie

11. James605

James605 Member

May 6, 2008
    yes it has it on there it says
    print 98 96
    dryer 104 104

12. cgsigns_jamie

Is the styletech self adhesive vinyl? I'm not familiar with it.

When I print calendared vinyl my heaters are usually:
    Pre: 40ºc or 104ºf
    Print: 40ºc or 104ºf
    Dryer: 50ºc or 122ºf

13. Capital Signs

Mar 24, 2008
    Styletech maybe your issue. I think it's that along with a correct profile. Many think it's an issue with the machine, but a lot of times bloches are profile problems. Just my .02 cents.

14. James605

James605 Member

May 6, 2008
    yes its adhesive...but i used the roland photo paper with the same results...Since the heads are firing, do i need to still hold on the bottom of it like said above???
    As for the profile... the spots are random they are not in the same place, i printed 20 of them all dots are "random" throughout, could the head be messed up even though firing?

15. James605

James605 Member

May 6, 2008
    i just tried a cou[ple differemt profiles in the versaworks program... the generic vinyl and the glossy vinyl profiles

16. Capital Signs

Mar 24, 2008
    Hmm... oh yeah, you did say that... I'm not sure, the only thing I can think of now is a possible head problem, but you said you just got the printer new, right?

17. James605

James605 Member

May 6, 2008
    yes just bought last week... about 25sq ft. printed....

18. Sign Works

Sign Works Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    What I see are splotches (small areas that appear to be faded or appear to have less ink coverage). I encountered this only one time on my Roland SP-300V and it was a "contaminated media problem" caused by "cheap azz media" (Solvex). I have never had this problem using Oracal's vinyl medias.

19. James605

James605 Member

May 6, 2008
    i have some regular oracal 651 i use for cutting...What if i tried printing on that just for this test purpose... i have heard of people doing this before what do you think?

20. cgsigns_jamie

I have to think it's a media issue as well. When you print on the Roland Photo Paper did you change the profile in VersaWorks? Also make sure that the profile is setting the heaters. The profiles from Roland are usually a good start especially if your using there media.