• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can some help Please!!FAST!!!!!!!!!

James605

So i just got a this new sp300v last week . Everything has been fine... Went to start printing out a few different things and im getting a white"ish" color specs,dots,splatter, whatever you want to call it. I did a test print everything looks good, cleaned it like it said too but nothing... I tried to take acouple pics...Oh and i looked at the heads and they is a grayish spot on the one, i circled it in the pics...Can anyone help me? Please call me at 614-588-3054 Thanks
James

Attachments

• spots1.jpg
    spots1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 94
  • spots2.jpg
    spots2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 97
  • spots3.jpg
    spots3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 84
  • spots4.jpg
    spots4.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 85

Capital Signs

Either wrong profile, or on the head where you are saying, you may want to take a swab, soak it in cleaining fluid, and just hold it on there for about a minute, see if that helps. Maybe clogged, but it does look very clean!

cgsigns_jamie

Is the media clean? Sometimes the first few inches of material can be contaminated. Try wiping it down with isopropyl alcohol or printing a little further in the roll.

Can you post a photo of the test print? Does it look like all the nozzles are firing?

James605

Cant see to clearly cause the camera has auto focus that broken but looks almost perfect....

Attachments

• Pics 001.jpg
    Pics 001.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Pics 002.jpg
    Pics 002.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 91

James605

the media in there now is styletech or something like that from the local supplier, also i have the roland media that came with the machine. Not sure about the heaters, can you tell me how to check as i dont have the manual here now.

James605

i printed 10ft of thesse logos and everyone of them has the spots.... and the test print from versaworks..the fours blocks at the top 1 each color. all look good but the BLACK there is spots everywhere in it...

cgsigns_jamie

Is the styletech self adhesive vinyl? I'm not familiar with it.

When I print calendared vinyl my heaters are usually:
Pre: 40ºc or 104ºf
Print: 40ºc or 104ºf
Dryer: 50ºc or 122ºf

Capital Signs

Styletech maybe your issue. I think it's that along with a correct profile. Many think it's an issue with the machine, but a lot of times bloches are profile problems. Just my .02 cents.

James605

yes its adhesive...but i used the roland photo paper with the same results...Since the heads are firing, do i need to still hold on the bottom of it like said above???
As for the profile... the spots are random they are not in the same place, i printed 20 of them all dots are "random" throughout, could the head be messed up even though firing?

James605

i just tried a cou[ple differemt profiles in the versaworks program... the generic vinyl and the glossy vinyl profiles

Capital Signs

Hmm... oh yeah, you did say that... I'm not sure, the only thing I can think of now is a possible head problem, but you said you just got the printer new, right?

Sign Works

What I see are splotches (small areas that appear to be faded or appear to have less ink coverage). I encountered this only one time on my Roland SP-300V and it was a "contaminated media problem" caused by "cheap azz media" (Solvex). I have never had this problem using Oracal's vinyl medias.

James605

i have some regular oracal 651 i use for cutting...What if i tried printing on that just for this test purpose... i have heard of people doing this before what do you think?

cgsigns_jamie

I have to think it's a media issue as well. When you print on the Roland Photo Paper did you change the profile in VersaWorks? Also make sure that the profile is setting the heaters. The profiles from Roland are usually a good start especially if your using there media.