• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can some help Please!!FAST!!!!!!!!!

cgsigns_jamie

i have some regular oracal 651 i use for cutting...What if i tried printing on that just for this test purpose... i have heard of people doing this before what do you think?

Because it's not designed for use in a printer it will probably print blotchy as well.

Sign Works

i have some regular oracal 651 i use for cutting...What if i tried printing on that just for this test purpose... i have heard of people doing this before what do you think?

You could try that, it's not gonna hurt anything, you can even wipe it down with 91% isopropyl alcohol first to insure there is no contamination, then do a test print, this might help you to determine if the other media is contaminated or not. I would recommend buying some media intended for inkjet printing, I've been using Oracal inkjet medias in my Versacamm for over 2 years without any problems.

James605

ok got some used it on roland prints are PERFECT!!! I got 2 new rolls when i get the printer. generic brand...Both rolls are the ones i tried and they have the spots...Would this be under some kind of warranty?? Please give some advice on what kind of ashesive vinyl to use? What are you guys using, for small decals. 6"x6" thanks alot guys

Capital Signs

so you think the rolls are the problem? If you got new rolls, you need to contact the vendor, and that way he can swap the rolls if they are the culprit.

James605

yes they are. i took that roll out( the 2nd of that kind) and put in the roland meda. prints are PERFECT... put old meadia back in spots everywhere.... so the oracal 3651. is that what you were talking about

cgsigns_jamie

I use 3M-IJ35-10 for most of my signs and "decals". It's a Calendared vinyl and I would only use it for decals expected to last less than 2 years.

For high performance vinyl I use 3M-IJ180 or 3M-IJ180c. Then I laminate. Should be able to get about 5 years with that.

mystysue

lol. I dont remember the number on the oracal..I always go look at the roll when i go to order .. lol..

I have a question.. did you get the media that you are having trouble with from the same place you got your printer..
and Did the supplier know it was for using on the versacamm?

James605

yes i went into the store and bought the printer. and the media.... i also bought a roll of their banner also... but i through all the boxes away already... hope i have better luck with the banner, its a different brand but still the "cheap" stuff....