• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can someone fill me in on this flu shot deal?

Deaton Design

Dont know if it had anything to do with the cheerleaders case, but if you are allergic to eggs, you are not supposed to get the flu shot. Both of them, H1N1 and the seasonal flu, are made using chicken embryos, so allergies to eggs will cause you problems if you get the shots. Sad story though. Really feel sorry for her.

lil Details

my own experience with a "flu" shot was while in the USAF. I can say I was never sick much before being in, but after being in and esp right after taking the shots, I was SICK. I am still not as healthy as I was before being in, but that might be age too....

I will NOT take another Flu shot though....

threads1

Well we have a new grandson due here shortly and we were told if we wanted to be around the new baby we had to get both shots. Got the first one last wednesday and so far so good. Although, this morning I did have a strong desire to jump up on the porch railing and yell " cock-a-doodle-do ".

charlie3238

Pharmaceutical companies rushing to come up with a flu vaccine is never a good thing, That shot can be more dangerous than the actual flu.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
After talking with the Family Dr. and the Kids Pediatricians I decided to get it for the family. I would have preferred the dead virus/shot but the nasal/live was the only one offered and out a few weeks ago.

I told the kids if there is a side effect, it would be similar to the movie " I Am Legend" but we have spf 50 in the beach bag so we could go out in the sunlight.

mark in tx

For the record, I got the regular flu shot and the H1N1 nasal mist last Saturday.

Sunday I felt a little tired, but I don't know if that was from the vaccines or from gardening.
Other than that, I feel fine, and my family is fine too.

cajun312

I think to prove that the vaccine is safe every politician in Washington should be the first to take it. Although it looks like the terrorist prisoners in Gitmo will get the vaccine before most of us.

TheSnowman

your taking a 10 month old to disney????
Uh yea...then I'm gonna take a 1 year, 10 month to Disney, then a 2 year, 10 month to Disney, so fourth and so on. Why would you not take a kid to Disney? Unless you wanted to get in on that gay pride stuff there DARLAK! :ROFLMAO: