• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can we talk about my logos?

ARMSRAISED

So there is a problem agreeing with peoples comments? Sorry I happened to notice and think the same things. On thosse two issuse, one being I uploaded the wrong file.

game over.

next?

You know the problem with people like you? You talk this way on a forum but if we were standing man to man you'd probably be a nice guy.

GypsyGraphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Do you want it right between the eyes, or do you want me to beat around the bush?
yeah waste my time, that's what I'm here for. Your're not the friendliest bunch on this forum are you?

armsraised, i'm going to give you what is probably the 2nd BEST advice you could hope for in this thread.

if there's still time to edit your post in respond to post #6, for the BEST advice, you'll want to respond with
.... between the eyes please rick.

do it... and i'll edit this post to read... "good answer."

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Hey, I have to ask, being that I have been on design forums for over 12 years, it is very common for a newbie member to get all uptight about their work...

So you want it lubed or unlubed, it's a good question...

and oh yeah, I see no introduction, so how long have you been designing and are you self taught or schooled...

iSign

So there is a problem agreeing with peoples comments? Sorry I happened to notice and think the same things. On thosse two issuse, one being I uploaded the wrong file.

You know the problem with people like you? You talk this way on a forum but if we were standing man to man you'd probably be a nice guy.

Actually, I think I'm already a nice guy.

But if the way I talk to you seems to only be a "problem" resulting from "people like me", and in actuality has nothing whatsoever to do with you...

...I will get out of the way & let perfect peace and tranquility descend over your thread.

aloha

GypsyGraphics

Hey, I have to ask, being that I have been on design forums for over 12 years, it is very common for a newbie member to get all uptight about their work...

oooh oooh, i know the answer to this one too!!!!

IT'S UNLUBED!

hey new kid... wanna copy off my paper?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Armsraised,
always keep an eye on the bottom status line.
Once you see a pack forming - watch out!
Think fire ants, killer bees or shark feeding frenzy.

good luck

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• danger.jpg
    danger.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

ARMSRAISED

Yes I'm not a newbie, I haven't got upset of someones critique of my work? Find it and show me. What I didn't like were the comments asking me how I'd like it and not saying anything else. I'm not going to edit any of my posts.

I was making a joke when I said this "gimee a brake, how dat?"

I never got uptight? I feel like I'm arguing with my wife.

GypsyGraphics

Don't mind us/them/me/you. Just last week we were spanking a lady with o-rings and got her to wear mans pants after a night of torture nows she's smoking things with a torch. You've been here a while and the logos aren't your latest work. Struggle through the pain and I'm sure you'll get the constructive feedback you desire.

you're an unruly bunch.... shame on you!

Rick

Thanks Doug, I wonder why I did not see that?

Lubed response is:
I think you are almost there, but your work lacks concept, balance, and a certain level of style...

Unlubed: This is marginal vinyl sign guy design work, after 6-9 years, you should be better than this.

Okay it's been 6 years since that post, and you have been doing it for a few years. I can only assume you are self taught (most sign people are by the way, nothing wrong with that)

I would expect to see way better logo design work after 6-9 years or learning the business. you either seem to have plateaued or maybe you have fallen into the "American Idol" syndrome

Hopefully you have watched "American Idol" at the beginning of the season, they parade very few talented people, and hundreds of marginal to really bad singers to embarrass themselves in front of millions of people. Why do they do that? Because well intended family and friends have encouraged them by telling them they are good.. or really good.

I don't know if this is you, but if this is you, you can learn principles of logo design and design better work, but you have to stop listening to these people and put the "design process" into your workflow. And then ask people who know the design process and know design principles to constructively comment on your work.

ARMSRAISED

I don't want anything lubed. Many of you would rather joke around than take my request seriously and others of you just jump in without even reading anything. Yeah twelve years, good for you. I've got as much or more forum experience than most of you. Especially those who have responded to my post and said nothing about my logos like I asked. That is what is not called for here. If you have nothing to say about the question in my thread you shouldn't be commenting here.

Quote:

IT'S UNLUBED!

GypsyGraphics

Yes I'm not a newbie, I haven't got upset of someones critique of my work? Find it and show me. What I didn't like were the comments asking me how I'd like it and not saying anything else. I'm not going to edit any of my posts.

I was making a joke when I said this "gimee a brake, how dat?"

I never got uptight? I feel like I'm arguing with my wife.

holy smokes... i know this one too!

the answer to those two questions, when you're arguing with your wife are..
first answer is still... yes please.
change the second answer to... lubed.

Rick

I don't want anything lubed. Many of you would rather joke around than take my request seriously and others of you just jump in without even reading anything. Yeah twelve years, good for you. I've got as much or more forum experience than most of you. Especially those who have responded to my post and said nothing about my logos like I asked. That is what is not called for here. If you have nothing to say about the question in my thread you shouldn't be commenting here.

Quote:

IT'S UNLUBED!

Yeah I'm really not joking... all this stuff you commented on is just adding to the noise. I really do value my time and try to make the best of it... kinda like Doug, I would talk to any man like this right to their face because I am a nice guy who tries really hard to tell it like it is without hurting people feelings.