• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can we talk about my logos?

cdiesel

I'm willing to bet Doug's as much of an Ahole in person as he is on here.

Not that I think he's an Ahole. I think he's a great guy, always willing to help out when he can, devoting countless hours to this community, along with many of the others who have posted above.

Everyone is letting you know they're not fond of your designs without saying they don't flat out like them. That's what it seems you're taking offense to. Read between the lines.

ARMSRAISED

I give up, the logos are old, (all of them 10-15 years old) like I first stated, I wanted feedback on the logos. I should not have shown the logos in business card format, it has only added to the confusion.

GypsyGraphics

i'm sorry armsraised, all kidding aside...

rick was asking if you wanted a straight up answer or did he need to dance around the facts to protect your feelings.

people sometimes say "let me have it" when they really mean "go easy on me." i really think you could have said either and gotten some great advice. you seemed to be offend by even being asked the question.

Pat Whatley

Damn boy, talk about somebody begging for abuse.

The NESC Logo:

...having the text outside the oval at the top and inside the oval at the bottom looks ridiculous. It destroys any chance you had of achieving balance and harmony.

...the shadow on the NESC is black....except for that sliver at the top of the N which appears to be blue

...that baby spit up orange color has got to go

...I don't understand what you're trying to do with the slanted E other than slant it. It doesn't make any sense to me.

...all in all it's not horrible, it's not good either. It's just forgettable.

CheapVehicleWrap

whoops... sorry.

Attachments

• cheaplogo.jpg
    cheaplogo.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 93

ARMSRAISED

no?

not even one? :Big Laugh

Nothing that I've said. Yes I removed the file I had uploaded in error and uploaded the correct one. I should remove both of the business card designs because they have more than the logo going on and it's confusing things here.

GypsyGraphics

only #38 posts when i wrote that.... so NO rick.

EDIT: see... just happened again... six more post while i was writing this response to #44.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Nothing that I've said. Yes I removed the file I had uploaded in error and uploaded the correct one. I should remove both of the business card designs because they have more than the logo going on and it's confusing things here.

It's not confusing...

ARMSRAISED

Thanks, this is what I asked for. Like I've mentioned these logos are 10-15 years old. One of them is actually older than that.

Damn boy, talk about somebody begging for abuse.

The NESC Logo:

...having the text outside the oval at the top and inside the oval at the bottom looks ridiculous. It destroys any chance you had of achieving balance and harmony.

...the shadow on the NESC is black....except for that sliver at the top of the N which appears to be blue

...that baby spit up orange color has got to go

...I don't understand what you're trying to do with the slanted E other than slant it. It doesn't make any sense to me.

...all in all it's not horrible, it's not good either. It's just forgettable.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think the suggestion to show something current is a valid & will show the progression of your skills. Now that you have shown us what you did 10 to 15 years ago lets see what is going on today.

wayne k
guam usa

Pat Whatley

I missed the part about them being 10-15 years old. Please allow me to briefly critique this whole thing then:

WHY ARE YOU HERE FISHING FOR AN ARGUMENT? You post some crap that you did 15 years ago, make a few comments about them not being current and tell us you've updated them but don't show the updates, and then get defensive that nobody is taking you seriously. You are a bored, lonely person just desperate for attention. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

ARMSRAISED

I thank you and you come at me like this? I thanked you for your honest opinion, why now are you attacking me? My logos are old and need updating. Someone made one comment about something and it just so happend that it had been something previously worked on, so what, big deal, I'm not looking for an argument.

I missed the part about them being 10-15 years old. Please allow me to briefly critique this whole thing then:

WHY ARE YOU HERE FISHING FOR AN ARGUMENT? You post some crap that you did 15 years ago, make a few comments about them not being current and tell us you've updated them but don't show the updates, and then get defensive that nobody is taking you seriously. You are a bored, lonely person just desperate for attention. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

GypsyGraphics

The Armsraised one I change a few times a year, I never make the same business cards twice.

you seemed so adverse to advice, i'm not sure any question is okay to ask...
but i'm wondering if, the reason you change your business cards so often, is because you haven't really nailed down a look you like?

iSign

you seemed so adverse to advice, i'm not sure any question is okay to ask...
but i'm wondering if you change your business cards so often because you haven't really nailed down a look you like?
no, speeling :wink:

by the way new guy... I know this is really annoying for you... but look at the bright side... the rest of us are having a helluva a good time at your expense :ROFLMAO:

now, why don't you put your arms down :notworthy:
and tip your glass up :toasting:

...and join us, instead of sitting out there, being so sure everyone is out to get you :banghead: