• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can You..in Flexi..

OneUpTenn

Can you do a bevel effect in Flexi? If not how do you get a beveled image into flexi in order to be able to print and contour cut it?

I have tried everything from seperating and combining layers. Rasterizing and vectorizing...i have tried corel draw and photopaint as well as photoshop... i am either getting an error code from flexi or flexi will import and/or open the file but it has lines all throught it and is distorted. I have worked on this for several hours now and frankly I am sick of it.

Samm

F1 and search :thumb:

Sorry, being a smarta$$, I don't print so none fo the above applies to me!!

DRPSignsNGrafix

u did the design in Photoshop, Save as a flattened Tiff then you have to draw the contour cut line around the object. if it's not a square or circle. If it's font you can use a chiseled font in flexi

OneUpTenn

i tried that drp and yes it is a font but the chiseled fonts do not look enough like the one i am trying to achieve thank you so much for answering and not being a smarta$$

thewood

Design the text to be bevelled in Flexi. Export the text as an .eps. Open the .eps in Photoshop. Add bevel/effects. Flatten and save as a tif. Import the tif into Flexi. Mask the imported tif using the original text as the vector outline. Add contour cut.

OneUpTenn

no mike I do not...do i need it. thanks mwood and sign man.... i will not go to bed until i get this right!!!

high impact

Eye candy works great! That's what we use often.

Do a search and you may be able to down load a 30 day trial???

Also as DRP said - do it in photoshop, save as flattened tiff and import into Flexi. Flexi opens photoshop files as well.

R08

Corel Draw and Photopaint.. and about 60 seconds

No plugins

Roast Beef front.jpg

Samm

i tried that drp and yes it is a font but the chiseled fonts do not look enough like the one i am trying to achieve thank you so much for answering and not being a smarta$$

OUT - I actually appreciate seeing questions like these, I've been using Flexi since 1996, only for vinyl cutting though. The thought of branching into printing terrifies me to say the least, and I have never delved deep enough into flexi to learn things like what you are asking, so thankyou for asking, questions like these help me learn too :)

OneUpTenn

I got it into flexi as a tif like you said now i am having trouble masking it with the original text it wants to either print the beveled one or cut the unbeveled one but not both.....ugh i havent even had dinner yet

Samm

I got it into flexi as a tif like you said now i am having trouble masking it with the original text it wants to either print the beveled one or cut the unbeveled one but not both.....ugh i havent even had dinner yet

Things like these that push the world of printing even further away from me!

Hope you get it sorted.

anthony smith

After bringing in your flatten tiff
are you make it transparent so the
contours pick up in flex
We print lots of wraps and do our
designs in photo shop at 10% at
720 dpi inport in to flex use the wand
in bitmap tools make transpaent
ad contour and usually works
really great

R08

Breath deep ... . You'll get it and then once you've got it ... it'll be a breeze.

The original text itself needs to either be converted to a contour. Or create a new contour from it.
Once the program sees it as a contour then it will function together.

Do you know what I mean?

Lines and contours are treated differently

Vinylman

Gee! And all this with a $4295.00 Program, and STILL NOT ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH?

Ain't Flexi a real bargain?? :Oops: NOT!