• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can You..in Flexi..

R08

Actaully I'm using an old version so my methods may be different.

Anthony are you saying you can create a proper contour directly from a transparent bitmap?

OneUpTenn

okay so how do you seperate the contour from the original text and apply it to the beveled tiff because the original text has a freakin box around it and wants to contour the box.

anthony smith

yes If you import lettering in from
photo shop use the magic wand tool
in flexi picking the edges of the lettering make transparent then contour and then if needed Flexi
will let you seperated the contour
so if you need to nudge a point in
you can
Then we rip out to in our case
a mimaki jv3 print
lam and cut on plotter

Sign Works

This is easy as pie, there are actually two seperate Contour Cut features in Flexi, I would strongly suggest reading your user manual to acquire a full understanding of what there intended usages are, it sounds like you are using the one on the Effects menu when you should be using the one on the Arrange menu, apply it to the original text (vector path) now put that on top of the bitmap image, align and send for print/cut.

R08

Exactly what signworks said. But make sure the contour is brought to the front so you can see it.

But Anthony's method is actually the way to go if it works in your particular version. I have 4.0 and I am going to try it tomorrow.

Thx

R08

Keep at it OneUp and don't get discouraged.

Remember " What doesn't kill ya will only make you stronger"

OneUpTenn

Okay guys for all you that have helped me and I still havent got it but I am real real close.......PM me your address and I will send you a Sonic Card worth $5.00 if you have Sonic Drive Ins where you live.

sign works...the manual is all of 14 pages in english and the effects menu under Arrange is not an option but thanks and keep em coming...ive tried everyone so far...getting ready to try the transparent thing hope it works.

OneUpTenn

Thanks SignRite for your encouragement you guys are the absolute greatest...i must be getting tired because i am feeling slightly emotional for all your support

ndemond

You guys were great, nice calm patient advice, for over a few hours. You should be commended. Great Job!

thewood

In Flexi, place the vector text directly over the bevelled tif. Select the vector text and move it to the top layer (Shift+Page Up). Select both tiff and vector . Go to arrange>mask. Then, apply the contour cut. I'm pretty sure that's right, although I don't have Flexi in front of me.

OneUpTenn

OMG I GOT IT!!!! I GOT IT!!!!! OMG I can go see my kids now.....Thanks so much so so much the Sonic deal stands .....I LOVE YOU GUYS....even more than my dinner!!!!

Sign Works

OneUpTenn, Click on your Help menu, then click on Help Topics, this is your User Manual, over 200 pages, very helpful to print it out & put in a binder and keep at computer stations.

R08

Glad to be of some help...
Do let us know how it turns out... complete with pics if you can.

anthony smith

When you are talking of the orginal
text i am not sure what you mean
and not sure what you are trying
to mask
If you dont get can you post a pic
of what you are working with
It really is a 45 sec application
if i understand fully what you are
doing not sure if it is still in their demos but gime help did have a real
quick spot on how to do in flexis
web site have not been there in a
while not sure if still does
pm when i am at the shop and
looking at my program maybe i
can make it easier
Ya know us vols have to stick together

R08

Anthony..
I think she was getting mask mixed up with contour and plain lines. Not sure what she meant but...

SHE DID IT! Hip Hip.......