• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can you remove a print? from a uv flatbed?

projectneon

hey all

i have direct printed 500 coreflute boards on a jfx 1631, 25 of those need to be re done due to head strike and colour drop out.

what i want to no is if there is any way you can remove the dodgy print with out damaging the board and re using!

i have tried using eco solvent ink, there cleaning fluid and what ever other cleaning properties i have but nothing seems to work?

any ideas??

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
If it's anything like we're used to no. Even if you could, the coro would hardly be printable again, not to mention the time it would take to save an inexpensive substrate to begin with.

HulkSmash

hey all

i have direct printed 500 coreflute boards on a jfx 1631, 25 of those need to be re done due to head strike and colour drop out.

what i want to no is if there is any way you can remove the dodgy print with out damaging the board and re using!

i have tried using eco solvent ink, there cleaning fluid and what ever other cleaning properties i have but nothing seems to work?

any ideas??

Yea, use 25 new ones.
by the time you wipe off 25 of those. the 5 dollars for a sheet of coro will be cheaper

CanuckSigns

I agree, as much as I hate wasting material (for both financial and environmental reasons) I think the time spent cleaning these would cost more than the material you are saving.

Can you keep them and put a vinyl print over the faces next time a customer is looking for inexpensive coro signs? or offer them as donations to a local school for a bake sale or something?

aquasco

Generally, best way is to print on new sheets, but if you want to try, for removing UV ink from material best is Isopropyl or any kind of alcohol. Its working for me especially on materials like acrylic (both clear and white) - do not put alcohol on edge of acrylic because alcohol destroy edges, but from PVC materials like Alcan Forex is almost impossible to remove cured ink completely. First you put some alcohol on dry ink, wait few minutes, then use rag soaked with alcohol and try to remove ink, sometimes razor knife also help!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Does your jfx have the white ink option?
Flood coat white and reprint?
Or print on block out white vinyl and mount over the bad prints?

wayne k
guam usa

visual800

actually I have found the DT automotive reducer WILL remove this ink you cna get it at PPG jobber stores. im sure other reducers would would work but this is the one I use

projectneon

thanks everyone for the info, i made a mistake (first time ever) lol, i ment 75 boards, but even then its still a hassle to remove and re print, through cost of time and all the rest! what we did do is print on block out white and vinyl over the top!

very helpful with all the ideas! thanks heaps!

WinGraphics

Premium Subscriber
I have a colorspan/hp uv flatbed. Denatured alcohol lifts the ink off without a hitch.....it's messy though. I could'nt imagine cleaning 75 boards though.

Kaiser

On acrylics you can use Type B Solvent. Dont use it on Polistyrene based plastics though. Works well on Glass, PP, ABS and Dibond. It just takes a load of time to clean.
Type A solvent or general purpose will just take to long to react to the ink and end up damaging the substrate. Whereas getting a new flatbed operator is concerned because of the headstrikes (last post), it all depends on the substrate and vacuum strength. Clean your tables vacuum filters. If that doesnt work, mask down your coroplast, if that doesnt work, its the substrate itself. Try tone down your lamp intensity and raise them a little. Even print some blind space next to the substrate so you can give the substrate some time to cool within each pass.

I know this is an old thread but I think it deserved another answer

hotrod46

add this imfo

For head strike and overspray, assuming that is the issue, a Magic Eraser
will clean it off and not hurt the other print around it.