• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you tell what model this is?

P

ProWraps™

early 90's from what i can tell.. probably cost $20k!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign_Boy

Upon zooming in on the tags on the left side I found this.....:Big Laugh

Can you contact the person selling it and ask?
They should be able to read those stickers.

Attachments

• FC.jpg
    FC.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 135

TR Young

Gee, thanks for all the great info...:rolleyes::Big Laugh
Hey, the bidding starts at $1 and it is a city-surplus place, so I have a pretty good chance of picking it up, so I was just wondering if I could find any info on it.

luggnut

i had that same plotter in 24" in the mid 90s. it was a workhorse then and i loved it. but like stated here it is so old you may not even be able to find software that will drive it. so i would check that out. sorry i don't remember the exact name except like you already know it's a graphtec. but i would try to find out if you have or could get your software to work it or else it would be useless even if they gave it to you.

That looks to be an Graphtec FC2100 series. This machine was produced in the early 1990s, and the 48 inch unit was priced at around $16,000 (!). Terrific machine, and assuming it works, it would still be supported in current sign making software. Big danger would be if it needed electronics parts, such as boards, I doubt that they would be available today.

Bob

TR Young

That looks to be an Graphtec FC2100 series. This machine was produced in the early 1990s, and the 48 inch unit was priced at around $16,000 (!). Terrific machine, and assuming it works, it would still be supported in current sign making software. Big danger would be if it needed electronics parts, such as boards, I doubt that they would be available today.

Bob
Yeah, that's what I was thinking about. Well, I'll put in a max bid and see what happens. I may come away with it for $1.50, or I may hit the max, but I won't be out much if it's not working.
Thanks for that info, Bob!:thumb:

Sign Works

Wow you guys are way off, that is a FC4100 series which were sold between roughly 1999 & 2003. I purchased mine in mid 1999 and at the time was told that that model was just released, excellent cutter and is still working just fine.

Took a second look, definetly the 4100 series and not the earlier 2100 series model, I am familiar with both.
Here is an add for the FC4100 series cutters...... http://www.symbolgraphics.com/Graphtec/graphtec.htm

Last edited:

TR Young

Wow you guys are way off, that is a FC4100 series which were sold between roughly 1999 & 2003. I purchased mine in mid 1999 and at the time was told that that model was just released, excellent cutter and is still working just fine.

Took a second look, definetly the 4100 series and not the earlier 2100 series model, I am familiar with both.
Here is an add for the FC4100 series cutters...... http://www.symbolgraphics.com/Graphtec/graphtec.htm
Thanks for that link. It definitely looks like the 4100 series. I am glad to know that it isn't as old as some of the posters here thought. The bidding is up to $50, so I am still well within my max bid. It ends tomorrow around 10:30 AM, so hopefully it will end up in the back of my Jeep.:cool:

Flame

Bob

Wow, beat me to it.

Looks just like my first Graphtec! :toasting: