Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Corel' started by rcook99, Oct 27, 2007.

1. rcook99

rcook99 Very Active Member

May 25, 2006
    NE
    set up Corel to show the margins set by your pinch wheels on the screen? so you can make sure you are not outside of the margins.

Also I am cutting some graphics for a 1987 Monte Carlo SS, It has 3 stripes on the bottom 1/4in, 1/2in, 3/4in, they run horizontally and need to be spaced 1/8in between them. Is there a way to do this other than trying to use the ruler and drag them? Thanks for the help.:rolleyes:

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    set up your page width to match your cutter width.

draw a 1/8 box, use it as a guide to set spacing.

3. rcook99

May 25, 2006
    NE
    Thanks tech I will give it a try.

4. Air Art Girl

Air Art Girl Very Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    or, just pull guide lines out of the ruler margin and put them where you need to for the margins. If you scroll in, you will see the smaller margin marks on the ruler and can set the guide lines where you need them.

5. rcook99

May 25, 2006
    NE
    AAGIRL, Thanks for the input i appreciate it.

6. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    More better, just select the guide in question and enter the desired X or Y position in the space conveniently provided in the property bar.

7. GARY CULY

GARY CULY Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    measure with a tape measure ...the center to center on your wheels ..make a box that height on your screen..lay a guide on top and bottom ....click "lock guides" somewhere in your program ....dont go past the lines .......this is pretty simple and i no genius but illl bet any program can do that ....oh and write that number on a sticky note keep it right there in fron t of you.....

8. Air Art Girl

Air Art Girl Very Active Member

Nov 26, 2006

Same difference. I was trying to make it sound simple with the figures used instead of x y . :cool:

9. GARY CULY

GARY CULY Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    i didnt read your first post art girl ..sorry wasnt undermining your suggestion ....yes its the same thing just different..lol.....
    i just read the queery and posted ...again apoligy

10. rcook99

May 25, 2006
    NE
    Guy's and Gal's thanks for the help, I took AAGirls idea and it worked great. I am always learning something new everyday.

11. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    Yeah..ain't we wonderful??
    Cheers!
    Ken