• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Canon Arizona 1260 GT - Non-Canon Support Options in Houston, TX?

dmoore

Premium Subscriber
We purchased a used, working Canon 1260 GT and we'd like to see what options are out there outside of Canon for service, for which they seem to be not a responsive as we'd like. Any third party service companies that handle Canon in the Houston Area?

Thanks!

dmoore

Premium Subscriber
I wish we had known how hard it is to work with Canon. Is anyone interested in purchasing a Arizona 1260 GT for $10k. Working, with inks and accessories. We are just going to purchase directly from China with generic hardware. Mimaki and Canon have just about zero concern for their customers, maybe they treat you better.

Troy Lesher

why would you go from the frying pan to the fire?...do you think anyone in China is gonna service your gear. Just saying there is alternatives, right her in your own back yard, you just have to get out of the cheap chinese mentality

White Haus

Not a Newbie
why would you go from the frying pan to the fire?...do you think anyone in China is gonna service your gear. Just saying there is alternatives, right her in your own back yard, you just have to get out of the cheap chinese mentality
Agreed. Think some Chinese company is gonna give two shits about support on your cheap printer? Think again.

D3D

We purchased a used, working Canon 1260 GT and we'd like to see what options are out there outside of Canon for service, for which they seem to be not a responsive as we'd like. Any third party service companies that handle Canon in the Houston Area?

Thanks!
Check out https://mkcnext.com/ for service on your 1260. They can get you up and running

dmoore

Premium Subscriber
Troy Lesher White Haus - I've been going to China since 2000 and when I've been to the demo events in Guangzhou, the UV printers made by the Chinese are pretty much all made from generic parts. Epson heads, off the shelf rip software, standard steppers and drivers. Our processes are very simple - 300 DPI and no real color matching issues. Purchasing from China doesn't bother me, as we have a full time employee in China and I've purchase around a dozen CNC machines (two new ones are getting ready to ship this month) and honestly, the support I receive from the Chinese is well above what I get on many of my US suppliers. That is really a sad statement to make but it absolutely is my experience. This isn't our first rodeo - we tried for over 2 months to get our Mimaki printer repaired and after about $20k in parts and labor and they still could not get it working, we sold it and picked up this Canon unit. I saw the Canon unit working but despite my requests not too, Canon 'decommissioned' the printer and we now need it operational. Canon might actually be worse than Mimaki - no one has responsibly or ability to make decisions - I guess exactly what you should expect for a large company that purchased another company (Oce). I honestly don't know how you guys do it where you depend on these companies like Canon and Mimaki/Dealers for your livelihood - UV printing products is just a side part of our business but if it had to work to put food on the table, I'd be really worried.

We did find a company out of Dallas that is coming to service the unit (we hope) in November. If this had been a Chinese company, they would have flown in a technical person from China for the same price and in a shorter period of time.

We are still going to purchase an 8ft x 8ft UV flatbed out of China - the cost is $35k + tariffs and logistics and hold only to the Canon as a 'spare'.

D3D - It looks like this company is only in Southern CA, we are in Houston, TX.

Jr gong

Ho
Troy Lesher White Haus - I've been going to China since 2000 and when I've been to the demo events in Guangzhou, the UV printers made by the Chinese are pretty much all made from generic parts. Epson heads, off the shelf rip software, standard steppers and drivers. Our processes are very simple - 300 DPI and no real color matching issues. Purchasing from China doesn't bother me, as we have a full time employee in China and I've purchase around a dozen CNC machines (two new ones are getting ready to ship this month) and honestly, the support I receive from the Chinese is well above what I get on many of my US suppliers. That is really a sad statement to make but it absolutely is my experience. This isn't our first rodeo - we tried for over 2 months to get our Mimaki printer repaired and after about $20k in parts and labor and they still could not get it working, we sold it and picked up this Canon unit. I saw the Canon unit working but despite my requests not too, Canon 'decommissioned' the printer and we now need it operational. Canon might actually be worse than Mimaki - no one has responsibly or ability to make decisions - I guess exactly what you should expect for a large company that purchased another company (Oce). I honestly don't know how you guys do it where you depend on these companies like Canon and Mimaki/Dealers for your livelihood - UV printing products is just a side part of our business but if it had to work to put food on the table, I'd be really worried.

We did find a company out of Dallas that is coming to service the unit (we hope) in November. If this had been a Chinese company, they would have flown in a technical person from China for the same price and in a shorter period of time.

We are still going to purchase an 8ft x 8ft UV flatbed out of China - the cost is $35k + tariffs and logistics and hold only to the Canon as a 'spare'.

D3D - It looks like this company is only in Southern CA, we are in Houston, TX.

What an absolute headache! I always thought Mimaki was one of the best!
Sidenote: What CNC do you use/have you brought in from China?
In the market for one.