• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't combine, Cant Show Fills, + Parts missing in Cut/Plot :(

humandroid

I've been working on a new design.
I'm pretty much done with it but I must have done something wrong along the way.
When I click on the design it selects everything.
Combine is disabled.
I guess I already combined.

Anyway, If I click "Show Fills" nothing happens.

And if I try to cut the Cut/Plot preview window only shows part of the design.
Some of the lines are missing and the box around the design is not large enough so it has the ends chopped off.

Man, I feel dumb! :(

iSign

sounds like Flexi terms & I see previous posts have been regarding Flexi...

can you copy & paste to a new page (or "save as") ... and then try numerous "undo's"??

Also, your guess that it already got combined makes sense, but another thing I've encountered in Illustrator files is a "mask" being set up that resulted in everything appearing grouped, & "releasing mask" (illustrator terms again) takes care of that.

humandroid

It's FlexiSIGN-PRO 7

I got tired of fooling with it and saved and shut down.

I hope I can salvage it though.

Creative_Lance

clear the preference to the original settings, you can access that from the start menu >> flexi >> preference manager (on flexipro 7.6) then highlight factory defaults then OK.
restart flexi and you should have everything back.
good luck

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Sounds like you may have locked parts of your design or applied a Contour Cut to parts of your design.

Mark L

Maybe these are Silly answers, but I'll through them out there anyways.
- Did you try to ungroup

- When you out plot it will only show one color at a time, make sure you have your design as one color

-The end might be cut off because the last plot size was that size
Try hitting poll the plotter to display size of material

Good luck

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Bring up Flexi's Design Editor. It should show you why you can't get there from here; what's combined, what's grouped, what's locked, etc.

Anytime you encounter strange behavior from an object, look at the Design Editor to determine that object's relationship to everything else.

humandroid

Thanks for all of the suggestions.
After some sleep I believe that Mark's "Silly answers" were just what this silly man needed.

I think the problem must have started when I imported and used part of a previous design.

It turns out that there were some dark blue ares in my black design.
I selected all and changed the color to black and ended up redrawing a line or two.
I was able to cut the design but I still could not combine.
The cut was OK but the machine was dancing all over the place.

Bob solved that for me.
The design editor showed a bunch of tiny segments sprinkled all over my design.
I have no idea how that happened.

Also, two of my good lines were listed under "Shape Finisher" for some reason.

I got rid of all of the little segments and drug the two "Shape Finisher" lines back under "Layer 1" and everything is back to normal again.

I guess I should go read my manual and stop bugging you guys with dumb questions like this.

Unfortunately, unlike Scotty on the Enterprise I do not enjoy reading manuals in my spare time.:Sleeping:

Thanks again guys!

Last edited: