• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can't find a driver

Birdblaster

Hi everyone,
I have just purchase a camm1 pnc 1000 roland cutter from ebay. I have corel draw 11 + g4 mac computer. I can't seem to find the needed driver nor do i know where to buy the needed cables. The manual did not come with the unit so i am unsure of where the setting need to be.

I am a nebie that purchased the machine to make signs for my small business. Is there anyone out there whom can point me in the right direction? can't wait to doing first cuting job, that should be real ez lol

thanks Birdblaster

Jackpine

Well.....first.....
Welcome to the group.
Get a sign cutting program such as Signlab. Ordway sells an OEM version that is affordable. I used signlab with a 1000 for years. Never had a problem. IMO, it is one of the best cutting programs out there.

chopper

on those I think it takes a bayloc, or a serial cable, on the plotter end and a db9 on the puter side, if you show some pics of the plotter cable connections
that may help, or some one here with the same cutter could point you in the right direction, good luck. and welcome to signs 101 !!//chopper

ChristianSlager

signlab wont work for you as you have a mac...
do a search for mac software & it will lead you to some options for cutting programs.

if im reading this correctly, you arent actually a sign company, but are doing signs for your own business... if things dont work out, you could always support your economy by purchasing signs from professionals....

iSign

If im reading this correctly, you arent actually a sign company, but are doing signs for your own business... if things dont work out, you could always support your economy by purchasing signs from professionals....

Good observation. With about $500 worth of valuable tech support assistance, you'll be up and running & able to make your own $400 sign.
You came to the right place for the free tech support... although many of us are a little more forth coming to help our peers, rather then to help cut our peers out of work... but I'll suggest editing your title to include Roland PNC1000 because usually folks with knowledge of a particular machine will be drawn to such a post title. You could also do a search here on that model, and see who knows most about it, and possibly send that member a pm.

I used to work about 10 minutes North of Albuquerque, in Rio Rancho, at Deluxe Design, (formerly Deluxe Engraving & Screenprint) If you end up spending more then it's worth to save money I can highly recommend these guys!

fastcut

Maybe his small business IS making signs??? Not everyone makes signs for commercial purposes, some people do nothing but sell 6x12 on ebay.
Just an "observation"

driver/roland pnc-1000

hi,
if you like the driver or manual, let me know.
i´ve spent long time to collect it, but if you need,
it´s pleasure to share it

Hi everyone,
I have just purchase a camm1 pnc 1000 roland cutter from ebay. I have corel draw 11 + g4 mac computer. I can't seem to find the needed driver nor do i know where to buy the needed cables. The manual did not come with the unit so i am unsure of where the setting need to be.

I am a nebie that purchased the machine to make signs for my small business. Is there anyone out there whom can point me in the right direction? can't wait to doing first cuting job, that should be real ez lol

thanks Birdblaster

iSign

Maybe his small business IS making signs??? Not everyone makes signs for commercial purposes, some people do nothing but sell 6x12 on ebay.
Just an "observation"

and another observation (made before my post... but offered to you now) was that his profile shows his company description as "bird control"

fastcut

and another observation (made before my post... but offered to you now) was that his profile shows his company description as "bird control"
Well maybe, just maybe, since he said he was a newbie, he hasn't started his business yet and the bird thing is just what he does now???

Why does everyone have to be so judgemental and jump to assumptions? The whole point of categorizing your posts is so that only people who want to help will reply. If you don't want to offer him anything, then don't, not even your comments. Or at least tell him to get lost in a private message.

iSign

listen up fast cut... if you read past your own inability to avoid getting caught up in whatever emotionally charged reaction you seem to want to have against what you seem to want to read into what you pretend you don't want to read...

you would read that I gave more helpful information then your whinnyass contributions to this thread...

...so why don't I just tell you to get lost in a public message!!

Birdblaster

thanks for your reply, However i already have 360 in on the machine and another $144 for corrugated plus 177 in supplies, old lady said i had better get to making signs. So you think changing the title may help. I really want to use the corel draw 11 its mac sofware, they say that mac is better for graphics?

Birdblaster

lol thats funny and right, was thinking that maybe this site was the wrong place to start, starting to feel that everyone here is intrested in changing me to new softwhere and wanting me to become a sign maker. the bird business is good, just need to make my own signs.. by the way i have cheap labor... a 18 yr old son... lol thanks

Birdblaster

hi,
if you like the driver or manual, let me know.
i´ve spent long time to collect it, but if you need,
it´s pleasure to share it
Yes I have been looking for those items online, haven't had much luck. My computer is a mac g4 and the software is corel draw 11

Birdblaster

listen up fast cut... if you read past your own inability to avoid getting caught up in whatever emotionally charged reaction you seem to want to have against what you seem to want to read into what you pretend you don't want to read...

you would read that I gave more helpful information then your whinnyass contributions to this thread...

...so why don't I just tell you to get lost in a public message!!
lol thats funny and right, was thinking that maybe this site was the wrong place to start, starting to feel that everyone here is intrested in changing me to new softwhere and wanting me to become a sign maker. the bird business is good, just need to make my own signs.. by the way i have cheap labor... a 18 yr old son... lol thanks

fastcut

I was waiting for the bash...just like the people who directed me to this site said I would get when I posted my first one...just felt sorry for the guy.
I'm probably emotional cuz I'm hungry! Off to lunch...