• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't Find Particular Etched Film

rdm01

I have a client looking to replace a portion of their front door etched window film. Problem is, I can't seem to match this particular film. It's a very heavy, nearly opaque level of etching. Does this look familiar to anyone?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    319 KB · Views: 283

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Is it actually etch-like? Frosted? Looks to me like more of a translucent white or a diffuser vinyl.

rdm01

It's like a translucent silverish etch. It's definitely not a translucent type vinyl for backlit though. It's some sort of etch effects vinyl.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
There is actually a translucent etched look vinyl, but damned if I can remember who makes it.
I do remember Arlon having quite a few varieties of etched-look vinyl.

iprint

I have some super old Spar-Cal vinyl called "Etch Lite" that looks very similar. They were bought out by Avery years ago if I am not mistaken. Not sure if Avery still makes it, but may be worth a shot.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I have some super old Spar-Cal vinyl called "Etch Lite" that looks very similar. They were bought out by Avery years ago if I am not mistaken. Not sure if Avery still makes it, but may be worth a shot.
Holy crap! I'd think that stuff would be brittle as hell by now!

gabagoo

There are so many different types of films out there today. I had one client bring me a roll of film that was apparently frosted tint out of China. I was hesitant at first to try and cut it, as in the past I found cutting tint to be difficult, but this stuff was not only thicker than normal frosted tint... it was easy to see after it was cut for weeding and actually very soft for cutting. Trying to find an exact match these days is pretty hard with all the offshore product showing up.