• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cant get just one panel to print

gators2001

We are wrapping our car. We have never printed a wrap before. I messed up one panel and cant get that one panel to print. I use versaworks I go in tile and clipping and right clock the three panels i dont want to print then it rips. When it starts printing has black lines in it. Prints fine if you're printing the whole side. Someone help please

Bigdawg

Just Me
sounds like you might have the panel marks printing on it. Is that what kind of black line you mean?

DRamm76

Is it creating a border that isnt there? Or are there black lines being printed across the entire image?

threeputt

When you describe these "black lines" are you referring to closely spaced parallel lines all through the print? About 1/32" apart, continous?

The reason I'm asking is that on my Roland with Versaworks, I've had that also. It is usually, if I remember right, corrected when the clip/tile function is used properly. For some reason Versaworks gets incomplete data if you've got clip image checked and then manually tile the job. Or some such configuration.

Just my first idea.

Bigdawg

Just Me
can you post up a picture? Are the lines even? Jaggedy? Kind of need to see the situation in order to give you some kind of idea of what's going on.

gators2001

first time ever putting a pic on maybe it worked

Attachments

• print.jpg
    print.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 108

Bigdawg

Just Me
That looks like bad banding.. I would clean the heads and then run a medium clean on it. Also look at the material feed.. try pre-feeding the material so there's no drag.

Just a couple thoughts.

gators2001

no thats not it if i dont try to print one panel it prints fine . Just printed the passenger side all at one time no problem. just when i try the one panel.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Then that's just crazy... which I know is no help at all. But I swear it looks like banding and not printed stripes. What file type are you ripping and what program did you generate it from?

gators2001

it a tiff file I am opening it straight in to versaworks. Contracted another company to design it so dont know what they used

Sign Works

gators, have you tried riping the file before deselecting the unwanted tiles? then after riping go back and deselect the uwanted tiles. I always rip the entire file first then go back and select desired panels and have never had a problem, give it a try and see if this resolves your problem.

trik

can you open it in photoshop, cut away the panels you don't want and save the new one and print it?