• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't get SP540V to print then cut with cropmarks... automatically or manually

signmeup

Yeah... three hours of agony. I had another network related "incident" last week. Thing went "radio silence" for no apparent reason but I highly suspect a thumbdrive that went dead that was plugged in the rip computer.

I plan on connecting this thing directly with a cross over cable but I'm going to wait until I can get a second ethernet port installed and tech support is open. (It was their idea)

Should be fun.

Adrian

Ragnabrok

2nd network port? no open room on the router? adding a switch would be easier than adding a second network card. Is it a layout problem, router too far from the rip computer and printer?

signmeup

Dual card not second card. I was told that connecting the printer directly to the computer would be more reliable and give less trouble than using a router or switch. I can't remember what the second port is for. Internet connection maybe?
The computer is 2 feet from the printer.

Adrian

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
This is a really old thread but thank you for the post on this. We are refurbishing an old VP540 as a print and cut back up machine and couldn't figure out how to get around the 0111 error when trying to read cut marks. I think it had been unplugged so long that all the values in the crop-cut adjust menu were blank. Did the crop-cut adjusts and we're up and running!

Thank you!

That error code says that one of the crop tool adjustments hasn't been performed. One would be the outlevel check which you've done, the other the crop-cut adjust in service mode. One of the options for that is the auto adjust, which should fill in any missing values to get it to cut.

Why those values are missing is a good question, either the board was reset or replaced at one point, and the setting never given. Boards get a value of "***" when they are reset, but would need some kind of numerical value to work, even a 0. It might also need the auto print-cut alignment to fill in a missing value.

signmeup

Hybrid, This is an old thread but it's a good one! Glad it helped you! Ragnabrok was a lifesaver.
I just had this error happen again and I couldn't remember the fix but this thread came up in a search and saved the day again. My tech support guy didn't have the answer...

Adrian

Last edited: