• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't Import AI Files into Omega 1.54

D-Kal

Okay no problem for your 1st Question.

I am able to open Compressor and under help I get

32-Bit Compressor

Version 1.5.3.11

And from before yes I know have the Gerber System Tray on the bottom right Hand Corner.

What where the other questions Sorry I thought I answered them.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Also when I go to Start ~ Programs I get GSP Omega

Not Gerber Program Group

If what you are saying is so then you do not have anything close to a complete install. Attached is a pic of my Gerber Program Group. As you can see there are a number of programs in the group. They are not quite the same because mine is version 5 but there should still be a number of such links as are being shown.

If you do not have this group, then you need to create it. The best way to do that is to do an uninstall and a correct, reinstall of version 1.5 followed by installation of maintenance upgrades 1.54 and 1.5.6. If you aren't up to all this, you should hire a competent computer technician to do it properly for you.

Good luck.

Attachments

• start.jpg
    start.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 157

D-Kal

Hey Fred

Thanks Again yes I went to school for Networking took a little Programming and A+

Just the program is all new to me this what I have.

If this is not good then should I uninstall everything?

Install 1.56 then 1.54?

Thanks Again

Attachments

• IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hey Fred

Thanks Again yes I went to school for Networking took a little Programming and A+

Just the program is all new to me this what I have.

If this is not good then should I uninstall everything?

Install 1.56 then 1.54?

Thanks Again

What I'm not seeing there is the Omega 1.5 CD which, as far as I recall, is needed if you are going to do a reinstall. The order to install is 1.5, then 1.5.4 then finally, 1.5.6. If you install them out of release order it won't go well.

D-Kal

Hey Fred

I got it uninstalled everything and reinstalled again I am now able to import AI files.

But I can not see the Gerber Printer it is set up as LPT 2

But I get LPT 1 when I go to print.

Is there a way I can change the port to LPT 2 in Omega?

Attachments

• IMG_0378.jpg
    IMG_0378.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 108
Last edited by a moderator:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
One doesn't use the Windows print setup for Gerber printers or plotters. You install each through the GSP Tray. Once done the procedure for outputting a job is also different ...

From Composer you either Output All (Shift +F11) or Output Selected (Shift +F12+. This then will open the Gerber GSPPlot program where you can control all the print and plot parameters of the production of the job. Once you are setup in GSPPlot to run the job, you simply press F10 to send to the Edge and F8 to send the job to the plotter (after you align the printed target with the plotter bomb sight).

D-Kal

Hello, Fred

Got everything set up to print

I press shift + F11 and SHift + F12 and nothing happens.

What could be wrong?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Are you in Composer and is a job open in Composer when you enter Shift +F11? If you are then the next thing that should happen is that a second program named GSPPlot should open containing the job you just outputted from Composer. You will then use GSPPlot enter print and plot parameters and to send the job to your Edge and later to your plotter.

If the first half is correct then check in the Gerber Program Group to see if GSPPlot is actually installed. If the first half is not correct, then do it as described.

D-Kal

Okay think I got it

I had to save the File as a Gerber GSPPlot file

Then open GSPPlot form the group

Then it open that window you described in that Window

In this window was my Artwork

I went to
File and scrolled down to Print to Device

Now the Screen on the Gerber Says Vinyl : WHite 220

Am I getting some where

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Load the white vinyl onto the Edge and push the Online button. It will then tell you what foil it wants. Load the request foil and hit the Online button again ... print should start. Repeat for each foil color when requested.

D-Kal

Okay It was about to print

And it said check foil

It broke the Zeronine Space shuttle cartridge in Half.

D-Kal

Load the white vinyl onto the Edge and push the Online button. It will then tell you what foil it wants. Load the request foil and hit the Online button again ... print should start. Repeat for each foil color when requested.

Yes Fred It did that it ask for Yellow but I only had black so I pressed the button Again.

Right as it was going to print it said check foil

I lifted it up and it and the Zeronine Space Shuttle was broken in half.

Guess I should by the Gerger Brand Instead.

DAM I was almost there :banghead:

D-Kal

Hey Fred

Am going to order the cartridges from Gerber

One quick question since I sent the art work to the printer it asked me for process yellow yellow is one of the colors in my artwork.

Could it be it need all four Process colors to finish the job?