• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cap Station Cleaning issue help please

sidcon

Hello all, Still having an issue with this. Printer is a VS300, new head, captop, drain lines, and pump. Just swapped for another new captop and lines and still same. Now that I remember when I bought this it had the same issue even before I put all the new parts in and explains why the whole cap station hinged mechanism had about 1/4" of caked on ink all over it that I tore apart and cleaned. Its leaking out of the left side of the cap and eventually builds up under the mechanism. What would cause this? Thank you for any help, we need to finally get this working, I'm hoping this might be the issue for the colors being off.

e41425763352.jpg

a52809273372.jpg

w31762650352.jpg

rjssigns

Not sure if this will help but I always squirt cleaning solution on the captop before parking the head. Did it with my SP540V, doing it with my 1624x.

sidcon

Thank you rjs for the advise we will start doing that.

I'm wondering, Is it possible this could be caused by the cap station unit being out of alignment to the head? also how much gap from the seal of the cap top to the head should there be when off the station. Thank you everyone for and advise.

Joe House

You probably just need to perform a flushing adjustment. This lines up the print head where the cap top is for flushing.