• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Car Insurance Company = no clue

gabagoo

I, like many people deal through a broker for business, home and car insurance. To get the best rates generally everything is put through the same company.

So here is my story....

I owned 2 cars and we have 3 drivers in the household...my son is 20 and is listed as an occasional driver at $2200.00 a year.

I decided to lease a new vehicle 3 months before my older vehicle lease was up and decided that we would run 3 cars for 3 months, until the older lease was up. This gave my son a car exclusively and the insurance company added $1230.00 for that 6 month period still left on my policy.

So after the 3 month mark we give back the older leased car and also trade in my wifes car for a new compact car putting us back to 2 new vehicles. I called my broker and told him we were now back to 2 vehicles and that my son needs to go back as an occasional driver....

2 weeks later I receive a cheque for $505.00. I call the broker and ask if this is correct that I only get back 1/3 of a payment made that I only used 50% of.

he said that because we got rid of a car and got a new car and also went back to 2 cars they would have to make adjustments.

I figure if I didn't call I would get nothing else but who knows.

Today I get a cheque from the insurance company for another $730.00...this with the $505 previously gotten puts me back to never have paid extra for the 3 months of having that extra car.

Are these guys crazy? They have obviously screwed up and I will definately put the cheque in the bank. I just wonder how long it will take for them to realize they screwed up?

CanuckSigns

they will get you, trust me! I got chased by state farm for less than $20 once,

I've always found the best way to get an insurance company to return your phone calls is to miss a payment, all of a sudden they have all the time in the world for you!

SD&F

I would hope that it is correct and that they are just srewy. They usually don't make mistakes when it comes to money around here.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Check your bank's policy on insurance company checks - most hold checks from them for 10 business days, for this reason...

gabagoo

I think they dont realize that they sent me a cheque for 505 and thats what they will want back, but seeing that they sent me so much money I may as well hold it until the request it back