• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

carriage disconnect error on 540v

mark in tx

Has anyone had this happen?
2 times today now and 1 time last week, in the middle of a print, it will stop with the error message "carriages are disconnected".

The funny thing is, the carriages and print head are NOT disconnected, it is stopped about 2 inches to the right of the print. There is nothing physically in the way of the print head or the carriage, and no one had their big fat fingers in the way either.

This just ruined a 20 foot print. For the 2nd time today.

flexiezine

heard of, 'Carriage Bushings' on an Encad but not on a Roland... Most of my experiences with the Carriage Disconnect issue involved one of several things.

1 - May need to loosen the screw holding the cut head to the guide wire and move its location by a quarter to half inch and re-tighten. Then power up machine and do the ENV Match, then the Print/Cut Adjust.

2 - The machine could have lost its limit. This may require a service call or at least a chat with an experienced technician.

Either way, contact your dealer and ask for thier assistance. That is what the dealer is there for.

mark in tx

contact your dealer and ask for thier assistance. That is what the dealer is there for.

I really don't want to start another slamfest on Sign Warehouse. :rolleyes:

A damn good tech that didn't sell me the machine but takes care of me over the phone told me to clean some things and so far it is working fine today.

mark in tx

I don't remember the name of the part, but it is a small strip of plastic, above the rail, mounted vertically. I parked the head in the cleaning position, then wiped the strip with a silk hanky. Lots of dust came off.