• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CaseMate Fonts

N2Harpz

The old owner had Casemate. We just picked up a copy of Flex 7.6 pro. Flexi is not picking up his casmate fonts. ( I have to keep working between two programs. )

How do I get em in the folder? The fonts are all bundled up in a "Caswinfonts" folder and the windows fonts folder won't accept them..

I know that I'm going to need some new fonts sooner or later. I'm trying to get by until the funds are up a little.

Mason

You can try creating a font dump and moving them into a central folder outside of the Windows folder, then try installing them into the Windows folder

flexiezine

Must install (copy and paste) the contents of the Caswinfonts folder into a folder on the new system with Flexi... C:/Program Files/YourFlexiFolder/CASfonts/

Reboot Flexi and it should now recognize the Casfonts.

iSign

Bobby, is the caswinfonts folder you refer to, one that can with the Casmate program?

When I bought Flexi, I bought it because it came with the .ttf version of all the same fonts that casmate had, and as a 7 year veteran of casmate... that was a big part of convincing me to buy Flexi. Now I don't have to open too many of those olf Casmate files anymore... but sometines I still do & it's great to always have the right fonts on hand.

So, does Flexi not come with .ttf font files for all the old casmate fonts now?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
So, does Flexi not come with .ttf font files for all the old casmate fonts now?

It does but sometimes it would seem that they're not packing exactly the same name. That means you get that annoying dialog about missing fonts when you make to open a file created with something that used the old CASFonts. In these cases you have to find the equivalent on the supplied list. If the authors had thought to include a simple font equivalency table, this might have been avoided.

Flexi is an interesting package in that it's quite capable and, in general, adequately implemented but it exhibits many annoying knots and eddies such as this which causes one to think that it was put together by a squad of amateur enthusiasts rather than people competent to do commercial grade software.

BobbyFosson

One issue that I think ties into to the "knots and eddies" you mention is the family tree of Flexi and its acquisitions along the way. When Amiable and Scanvec merged, alot of changes were made and still being made in efforts to make as many as possible happy from the old CASmate DOS users (like myself) to the FLexi Mac users of ole' and let's not forget good ole' Inspire and its advances.

I hated Flexi with a passion for the longest time and once they merged, I hated it even more. Until I had to get some work done, then I had to learn Flexi due to my employment position at the time. Now I enjoy working with Flexi and find that it has opened my eyes up to Corel and Illustrator more due to their similarities and shared functions.

Bob has it nailed in regards to the fonts.

N2Harpz

Must install (copy and paste) the contents of the Caswinfonts folder into a folder on the new system with Flexi... C:/Program Files/YourFlexiFolder/CASfonts/

Reboot Flexi and it should now recognize the Casfonts.

Worked like a charm .... Thanks.

That was a TREMENDOUS help!!