Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CasketWrap by Expansive Art

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Lexchess, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Lexchess

Lexchess New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Just finished the casket wrap to honor our veterans here in KY. :cool1:

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    looks good, lots of recessive groves there

3. anotherdog

anotherdog Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Beautiful job, but...isnt it a little bit negative as a way to honor veterans

Thank you for defending us, here is your reward.

4. Lexchess

Lexchess New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    It is part of an enhanced military honor burial at Camp Nelson National Cemetery.

Includes a funeral march on horse-drawn carriage, 21 gun solute, firing of extremely loud canon that will scare the pants off of you, presenting of colors, and military procession with soldiers dressed in attire from Civil War to current uniforms.

This casket will be used during the parade for the cremated ashes of the veterans, so it will be used for at least the next couple of years. Urn goes through the parade inside of the casket and only the ashes are buried in the cemetery.

http://campnelsonhonorguard.org/

5. Suz

Suz Very Active Member

Apr 9, 2010
    The Great Northwest
    Good to see something other than a vehicle, but curious about what this will be used for (?) You mention it is to honor veterans, will it be on display in your City somewhere? Very nice job.

6. SD&F

SD&F Very Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    I think that they honor veterans the way they should be honored. They deserve all that we have to offer. I think that is nice.

7. Lexchess

Lexchess New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    We had a friend go through the ceremony just recently and it was extremely nice and well planned. His family really appreciated everything that Camp Nelson did.

It took us quite awhile to finish the casket, but we did it as a donation and our employees worked really hard and were very proud of their work. Complete design and installation.

I'm not sure you could make a profit off something like this for the average joe, but I'm glad we did the project. Definitely took much, much longer than we expected with the casket shape layout and super, curvy corners.

Most importantly, my Grandfather and Father-in-law, both veterans, were really impressed with the final project.

8. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    I admire the workmanship and the project itself I just cant say I like the art. its just too much going for my tastes. Im simple like that. Kudos for what you did though

9. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Nice. I like it.

One question though, how did you deal with the sharp corners and end caps on the top?

10. aaronJREgraphics

aaronJREgraphics Member

Mar 27, 2012
    looks amazing and very creative way to use vinyl...I love it! great job

11. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Definitely a new market unto itself for civilians as well.

JB