• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CasketWrap by Expansive Art

Lexchess

Just finished the casket wrap to honor our veterans here in KY. :cool1:

Attachments

• CasketWrapweb.jpg
    CasketWrapweb.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 150

anotherdog

Beautiful job, but...isnt it a little bit negative as a way to honor veterans

Thank you for defending us, here is your reward.

Lexchess

It is part of an enhanced military honor burial at Camp Nelson National Cemetery.

Includes a funeral march on horse-drawn carriage, 21 gun solute, firing of extremely loud canon that will scare the pants off of you, presenting of colors, and military procession with soldiers dressed in attire from Civil War to current uniforms.

This casket will be used during the parade for the cremated ashes of the veterans, so it will be used for at least the next couple of years. Urn goes through the parade inside of the casket and only the ashes are buried in the cemetery.

http://campnelsonhonorguard.org/

Suz

Good to see something other than a vehicle, but curious about what this will be used for (?) You mention it is to honor veterans, will it be on display in your City somewhere? Very nice job.

SD&F

I think that they honor veterans the way they should be honored. They deserve all that we have to offer. I think that is nice.

Lexchess

We had a friend go through the ceremony just recently and it was extremely nice and well planned. His family really appreciated everything that Camp Nelson did.

It took us quite awhile to finish the casket, but we did it as a donation and our employees worked really hard and were very proud of their work. Complete design and installation.

I'm not sure you could make a profit off something like this for the average joe, but I'm glad we did the project. Definitely took much, much longer than we expected with the casket shape layout and super, curvy corners.

Most importantly, my Grandfather and Father-in-law, both veterans, were really impressed with the final project.

visual800

I admire the workmanship and the project itself I just cant say I like the art. its just too much going for my tastes. Im simple like that. Kudos for what you did though

rjssigns

Nice. I like it.

One question though, how did you deal with the sharp corners and end caps on the top?