Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.


  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Catch Basket

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by K2, Mar 28, 2011.

  1. K2

    K2 Member

    Nov 3, 2009
    I have no idea what you would call it but i am looking for something that will catch and roll the print up before it hits the ground. I've seen them on some graphtec plotters and others but does anyone know where i can buy a universal type of basket. I cant seem to keep my floors clean enough and on my long prints they of course hit the floor and i get a hair or some spec in between the print and laminate. Thanks for any help.

    Attached Files:

  2. phototec

    phototec Very Active Member

    May 23, 2008
    Media Catch Basket

    I call it, a Media Catch Basket

    You can make one out of banner material or window screen material, hem the two ends with a rod pocket and use 1/2" emt conduit cut to fit your application, mount to your printer with some conduit clamps and fittings, you can find everything at HD or Lowe's.

    Or use flat Aluminum bar stock and rod for your support (see photo).

    If you can make a sign, you can do this.

    Or you can buy one from SW for $625


    Attached Files: