• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caveat Emptor: (Thinking of buy Wasatch Softrip?)

tomence

Reading this Thread i will never ever buy their software even if they give it to me for free i won't take it.
Thanks for this Thread I hate compnaies like Wasatch.

tracey.peterson

And they you go. The possible loss of one sale. That's over $3,500 in revenue possibly lost.

$50 could have stopped all of this. That's one possible loss that's posted, how many losses or potential losses are out there that aren't taking the time to post. 2 more? So we're $10,000 in the red now over $50? 10 more? $40,000 in the red over $50?

I thank God every day that I don't run my business with that sort of logic.

Simply amazing to me. I don't have a printer, don't need a RIP, but when I do get one, and that day will come, I know where I'm not going for a RIP.

? I've seen a couple of posts like this in the thread now, and I'm very confused about why a forum post is more powerful than researching a product in your decision to buy it.

Wasatch saved me *grundles* of money and time (back when I was employed, the good old days....). I simply liked the workflow options and the way they did ICC, and the fact that I could drive 3 of my machines with it. I liked Onyx because the layout features were great for my flatbed, and I really liked the built-in profiler. I disliked Versaworks because it crashed every time I sneezed, and I *really* like to sneeze. Oh, and I liked Omega's stuff because I was told to like it - the boss didn't want to learn Illustrator.

If you like to make decisions based on forum posts from opinionated people (ok, ok, maybe I'm just an a$$hat - been called that before), there ya go. ;)

CES020

Tracey you confused me! So one's not supposed to research a RIP on places that are forums full of real people that use them every day. Instead, they are supposed to research them ______________ (you fill it in, because I don't know where else to research products other than the internet and people that use those products). Should we read a magazine article praising it and then pick up and phone and call them? Or should we read real life experiences by people that interact with the companies on a daily basis?

As for the company not keeping old software, well, you asked why would they do that? Maybe because they are a SOFTWARE company? I have equipment right now that I can call the company and get the legacy drivers if I need them. Don't buy the lie, they have the ability to resolve this, but they don't want to because they think they can pressure the guy into buying a new service agreement.

jimmys

Interesting thread ... I hope the Wasatch people are watching it ..

We are looking to upgrade from Rasterlink right now ... It's between Onyx and Wasatch ... I have to say that Wasatch WAS our leading choice, but after reading this post, we may have been tipped towards Onyx.

Are you reading this Wasatch?

I hope so; who wants to depend on a software made by a company that cares so little about its client base! (Do you know that no one in the US (from Wasatch) responded to my emails, even when I sent them copies of this thread.

Oh; and I found a poster that works for Wasatch and I emailed asking him for help and he did not answer either.

(I'm not going to mention your name here Wasatchie; but you know who you are)

Caveat Emptor, Kiddies!

Last edited:

jimmys

[ never gonna sell that f'n SoftRIP now...]

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 14"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 14"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJimmy%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJimmy%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJimmy%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> Thanks GXSignC;
I really needed a good laugh today; and you caught me off guard and had me ROTF and LOL.
My wife's already convince I'm craZY, so she just looked at me as if to say; that confirms it.

I am really sorry about your copy of softrip.

Maybe you can post it on another forum?<o:p></o:p>

BTW: Poetic justice, as I can't use my softrip either. (That what I get for "demanding". Maybe I should groveled and begged?)

http://www.signs101.com/forums/member.php?u=17

heyskull

I recently wanted to add my old Graphtec as a plotter on our version of wasatch 6.2 but was told the driver is available but I will have to upgrade.
Now I know this is an older plotter than what we currently use but it cuts at a higher pressure.
I am not willing to upgrade as it works OK already all I want is the graphtec driver!!!
I can get all the plotters for our now outdated Signlab 7.1.
I think it is greedy just because we aren't the latest version we have to upgrade.

SC

ChiknNutz

He he, glad I could help (at my own expense it seems :)

<META content=Word.Document name=ProgId><META content="Microsoft Word 14" name=Generator><META content="Microsoft Word 14" name=Originator><LINK href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJimmy%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><LINK href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJimmy%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx" rel=themeData><LINK href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJimmy%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" rel=colorSchemeMapping><STYLE> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </STYLE>Thanks GXSignC;
I really needed a good laugh today; and you caught me off guard and had me ROTF and LOL.
My wife's already convince I'm craZY, so she just looked at me as if to say; that confirms it.

I am really sorry about your copy of softrip.

Maybe you can post it on another forum?<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>

BTW: Poetic justice, as I can't use my softrip either. (That what I get for "demanding". Maybe I should groveled and begged?)

Rooster

Oh; and I found a poster that works for Wasatch and I emailed asking him for help and he did not answer either.

(I'm not going to mention your name here Wasatchie; but you know who you are)

Brian's a pretty good dude on here. I doubt he sets company policy. He's contacted me in private to thank me for some of the nice things I've said about wasatch in the past on here. He's probably pissed now though. Funny since I'm also pretty sure it was him that was calling my honesty into question about the custom inkset.

sjm

You're right, they don't have to help someone out who spent a good sum of money for a product and is in an innocent pickle. Some choose to provide good customer service and help a guy out when he's in need. Other's choose not to. To say it isn't about trying to squeeze money out of him is a joke. Of course money is what it comes down to. It's not rocket science or a massive undertaking to send the guy an install link (he's right, it would have taken significantly less time to do that than write the reply they did), doing so would be a courteous thing to do for a paying customer. He's not asking for tech support or a ton of time resolving an issue, he just wants a simple file he's already paid for. It comes down to customer service or a lack thereof, plain and simple.

I'm a proponent of maintaining service or support contracts on certain things, RIP software being one of them. But I strongly believe this doesn't even come close to belonging in the realm of a support contract. It's a customer service issue.

If I sold a logo to a customer and included with that were copies of their logo on CD, and they lost that CD and lost the files on their computer due to a HD failure and needed new copies, I could not fathom having the nerve to charge that customer for another CD. If it happened over and over and over I'd have to put an end to it, but it's just common courtesy and good business to help someone out when they need it. Think about it like this: If Wasatch had obliged and given the guy what he needed, would they be being blasted all over the internet right now for their utter lack of support or would they be being praised for going the extra mile to make sure a customer was satisfied? They may not have squeezed $600 out of him but they probably would have earned a customer for a long time to come and who knows how much more than that he may have spent in the future. Instead, they drove a customer away and who really knows how much other business they've lost now because of it. Certainly not millions of dollars, but losing just one sale on a $3800 piece of software sure seems like it would have been worth helping the guy out.

Sorry to disagree, but it's your responsibility to back up your system. For example would you redo a client's sign because they neglected to care for it, free of charge?

Letterbox Mike

Sorry to disagree, but it's your responsibility to back up your system. For example would you redo a client's sign because they neglected to care for it, free of charge?

That's not really in the same universe as what we're talking about here... I don't deny it was his responsibility to back his system up, of course, and in an ideal world he would have and none of this would be an issue. In the real world, unfortunately, things don't always go like they should.

If a customer neglected to care for their sign properly and I had to custom make a replacement for them, no it wouldn't be free. If I've got a software program already written for the masses and a customer already paid me a significant chunk of change for it and had a mishap and has to reinstall the program, I wouldn't sleep at night if I even considered charging him to regain access to the program files so he could reinstall it.

sjm

It is in the same universe because you couldn't afford to redo the sign for one client let alone a software company should be held accountable for providing for free to how many others like the thread starter who failed to care for his/her investment.

Are you in business to make money or lose money?

Letterbox Mike

Are you in business to make money or lose money?

That right there is the point of this. I'm in business to make money. If it costs me nothing but a few minutes to help out a paying customer in need, even if it's against the grain of what I "should" do or what my corporate policy is, I will do whatever I can to assist him. By doing so, in the long run, I will make money off of this, as would Wasatch in this case.

By demanding a customer upgrade for $600 for no real apparent reason when they still have the software available at the click of a mouse is bad business and says to me that they are in business to lose money, or at least alienate their customers. Maybe they could charge a nominal fee, say $50, to download a past version of the software when the service contract is up. That sounds more than reasonable to me and I'm sure the o.p. would have happily paid it as well.

The root of this isn't about the tangible product or the dollar figure attached to it. It's a poor corporate policy that makes customers feel unwanted and unappreciated. Everyone wants to feel important or special when they make a purchase, whether it's a pack of gum, a car, a house or a software program. Nobody has to support you after a sale, but by choosing to anyway (at least with something as trivial as this), they're earning future business. By choosing to turn their backs on customers, they're basically saying "you are not important enough for me to care about your problem".

I'll put it another way. I had a customer a while back hit one of their posts on their sign with the lawnmower about 3 months after we installed it. It wasn't badly damaged, it needed some wood putty to fill in a gouge and the paint needed to be touched up. It was an odd shade of green paint and it would be hard to match up. They called me and explained the situation and asked if there was anything I could do. I had a couple choices: Charge them for a few hours of labor to go make the repairs; give them the paint code and let them figure it out; or truly help them. I had about a half can of the paint leftover from their job, and I had a half-used little tub of wood putty from another job that was sitting around collecting dust. I explained that if they wanted us to make the repairs we'd have to charge but they were more than welcome to the leftover paint and the wood putty. They were elated that I was willing to help them without charging. I even threw in a cheap plastic putty knife. Did that cost me anything out of pocket? Technically a half can of green paint and about 2 ounces of wood putty and a $0.39 putty knife and a few minutes of my time. In the 2 years that have passed since this though, they have directly spent several thousand dollars here on additional projects and they have referred several other customers to us that also spent several thousand dollars. If I tried to charge them for that left over paint, do you think I would have earned any more work from them? I sure don't.

sjm

That right there is the point of this. I'm in business to make money. If it costs me nothing but a few minutes to help out a paying customer in need, even if it's against the grain of what I "should" do or what my corporate policy is, I will do whatever I can to assist him. By doing so, in the long run, I will make money off of this, as would Wasatch in this case.

By demanding a customer upgrade for $600 for no real apparent reason when they still have the software available at the click of a mouse is bad business and says to me that they are in business to lose money, or at least alienate their customers. Maybe they could charge a nominal fee, say $50, to download a past version of the software when the service contract is up. That sounds more than reasonable to me and I'm sure the o.p. would have happily paid it as well.

The root of this isn't about the tangible product or the dollar figure attached to it. It's a poor corporate policy that makes customers feel unwanted and unappreciated. Everyone wants to feel important or special when they make a purchase, whether it's a pack of gum, a car, a house or a software program. Nobody has to support you after a sale, but by choosing to anyway (at least with something as trivial as this), they're earning future business. By choosing to turn their backs on customers, they're basically saying "you are not important enough for me to care about your problem".

I'll put it another way. I had a customer a while back hit one of their posts on their sign with the lawnmower about 3 months after we installed it. It wasn't badly damaged, it needed some wood putty to fill in a gouge and the paint needed to be touched up. It was an odd shade of green paint and it would be hard to match up. They called me and explained the situation and asked if there was anything I could do. I had a couple choices: Charge them for a few hours of labor to go make the repairs; give them the paint code and let them figure it out; or truly help them. I had about a half can of the paint leftover from their job, and I had a half-used little tub of wood putty from another job that was sitting around collecting dust. I explained that if they wanted us to make the repairs we'd have to charge but they were more than welcome to the leftover paint and the wood putty. They were elated that I was willing to help them without charging. I even threw in a cheap plastic putty knife. Did that cost me anything out of pocket? Technically a half can of green paint and about 2 ounces of wood putty and a $0.39 putty knife and a few minutes of my time. In the 2 years that have passed since this though, they have directly spent several thousand dollars here on additional projects and they have referred several other customers to us that also spent several thousand dollars. If I tried to charge them for that left over paint, do you think I would have earned any more work from them? I sure don't.

I understood your economy of scales the first time. I leave you with this, if it cost me $600 to ensure a $10,000 project made it out my door, I would spend the $600 in a heart beat.

I respect if you wouldn't.

Letterbox Mike

I understood your economy of scales the first time. I leave you with this, if it cost me $600 to ensure a $10,000 project made it out my door, I would spend the $600 in a heart beat.

I respect if you wouldn't.

I won't argue with that, you have to do what you have to do, even if you're backed into a corner.

lknmedia

Just bought a used copy of Onyx ... guy I purchased it from (Stephan from Digital Color Concepts .. great guy to work with!) said "Go to the Onyx website and download the latest version, I will bring the dongle over with the original box, discs and manual and make sure everything installs and is up to date."

So I downloaded the latest version right from their website ... plugged in the dongle and viola! Didn't even need the original discs.

Hmmm .. now that wasn't hard at all for Onyx ... and being in the hosting business, I know the cost to allow me to download the software is minuscule these days. Especially when you compare it with the loss of Goodwill and customer satisfaction so important in this Economy.

ONYX FTW! :)

jimmys

Hello Sarah Burton from Wasatch.

(just keeping the thread alive Sarah, as everyone here should know what they are getting into when they buy Wasatch softrip!)

tcorn1965

Hello Sarah Burton from Wasatch.

(just keeping the thread alive Sarah, as everyone here should know what they are getting into when they buy Wasatch softrip!)

I use wasatch with two epson 9600, just got an epson 11880, had a little trouble and so I called wasatch, I could not get past the secretary to tech support without a current maintenance agreement. I told her I just needed to know where their knowledge base was (could not find on their website), or white papers. Her reply was oh that's something you would have to ask tech support :banghead::banghead: