Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Censorship

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Sign-Man Signs, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was just informed by our Administrator that my post about Veterans and and my son was edited to remove a remark concerning GWB. I am totally shocked that this type of censoring is going on. This is supposed to be an "Open" forum but I guess our amendment rights don't apply here.
    I'd be surpised if this post as well makes it to the forum.
    To my friends here at Signs 101, this is my last post.

Tags:
  2. GP

GP Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2007
    SC
    Sorry to see you go -

GP

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  3. B Snyder

B Snyder Very Active Member

Jan 25, 2004

The Constitution does not grant you rights.

4. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    ...Get a grip .... was not the thread to make any political comment what ever it was

sorry to hear about your loss

to bad hear your not posting any more ... do you cry when ya don't get a job too
    I say it to my friends as well if they posted that and quit, excuse if I offended you

5. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    It's a privately owned forum. They can do whatever they want and you agreed to allow them to do whatever they wanted when you agreed to the terms of service when you signed up.

6. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    You agreed when you signed up not to bring political issue into the sign forums! So that maybe why it was edited! Sorry you feel that way and you will most likely be missed and loose some fine info for being stubborn!

7. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    sorry, but anyone who has lost a son to war can say whatever they want whenever they want and should get a free pass if it breaks some site rules.

8. Arlo Kalon 2.0

Arlo Kalon 2.0 Very Active Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Reno, TX
    exactly!

9. GP

GP Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2007
    SC
    again, i did not see the post.

I am really sorry for your loss.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  10. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Here is the psot as it appears now.

11. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Marlene when and what are the boundaries for this free pass? Were did it come from? When someone signs up for this forum/website it doesn't say anything about a free pass for any reason! I do agree that is was the ultimate sacrifice his son gave for this country, and he also gave his time when he served for this country!

12. Just Another Sign Guy

Just Another Sign Guy Very Active Member

Jun 19, 2004
    i am sorry to see you leave Sign-Man but don't blame you a bit that was a pretty big slap

13. GP

GP Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2007
    SC
    I had not caught up on that thread since my first cup of coffee...

14. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    I think the editing was wrong.

15. vinylbarry

vinylbarry Active Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Could it have been moved to NHB politics?
    Thought that is what that forum was for?

Didnt see it guess before it was removed.

I am a navy vet and I agree the day does not mean what it use to.

16. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    it called human compassion and undstanding that there are subject matters that come up like this where someone may need a free pass. I do understand rules and I do agree that we need them and that there is no free pass clause. his son died in Iraq, if that doesn't deserve a free pass on Veterans Day, what on earth are we all about?

17. Master's Touch

Master's Touch Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Conway
    just a question...and I didn't see the post, but I assume it was a swipe at W....and while I empathize, my god, with the loss....it's not like there is not a place ON THIS BOARD to burn the man in effigy, if that is what you want to do. So why not do it, if you want, in the APPROPRIATE FORUM. Why sully an attempt to honor veterans in general?

I was just thankful for Stacy starting the thread...the point of which is to appreciate the courage and commitment of servicemen.

Again, I empathize with your loss, and respect your right to speak your mind...on the appropriate forum.

18. Mikeifg

Mikeifg Active Member

Jun 6, 2007
    Heartland
    I agree I'm sorry about your son. But no matter who the pesident is every soldier knows the sacrifice they ultimately may have to make. I wish none of them would die but it is a war, unpopular or not. What would this country be like if it weren't for brave soldiers like your son. That's why we honor THEM on this day and not the presidents they served

19. DOGraphics

DOGraphics Very Active Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Sorry to hear this ...

Thanks to you both for your service to the USA

20. Just Another Sign Guy

Just Another Sign Guy Very Active Member

Jun 19, 2004
    what is sad here is that someone is hurt and feels that this forum has added to that hurt. i am sorry for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.