• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Censorship

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sign-Man Signs

I was just informed by our Administrator that my post about Veterans and and my son was edited to remove a remark concerning GWB. I am totally shocked that this type of censoring is going on. This is supposed to be an "Open" forum but I guess our amendment rights don't apply here.
I'd be surpised if this post as well makes it to the forum.
To my friends here at Signs 101, this is my last post.

B Snyder

I was just informed by our Administrator that my post about Veterans and and my son was edited to remove a remark concerning GWB. I am totally shocked that this type of censoring is going on. This is supposed to be an "Open" forum but I guess our amendment rights don't apply here.
I'd be surpised if this post as well makes it to the forum.
To my friends here at Signs 101, this is my last post.

The Constitution does not grant you rights.

Craig Sjoquist

...Get a grip .... was not the thread to make any political comment what ever it was

sorry to hear about your loss

to bad hear your not posting any more ... do you cry when ya don't get a job too
I say it to my friends as well if they posted that and quit, excuse if I offended you

CES020

It's a privately owned forum. They can do whatever they want and you agreed to allow them to do whatever they wanted when you agreed to the terms of service when you signed up.

signage

You agreed when you signed up not to bring political issue into the sign forums! So that maybe why it was edited! Sorry you feel that way and you will most likely be missed and loose some fine info for being stubborn!

Marlene

sorry, but anyone who has lost a son to war can say whatever they want whenever they want and should get a free pass if it breaks some site rules.

GP

again, i did not see the post.

I am really sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

Billct2

Being a Fellow Veteran BigDawg, you are most welcome. Today I go see one of my son's that gave his life for our country in Iraq. I don't understand this war, but I didn't understand it either when I was in Vietnam. The cost to America is to high. God bless all you Veterans. It's a shame this day as turned into a "Sale" day and not a day of remembrance
Here is the psot as it appears now.

signage

sorry, but anyone who has lost a son to war can say whatever they want whenever they want and should get a free pass if it breaks some site rules.

Marlene when and what are the boundaries for this free pass? Were did it come from? When someone signs up for this forum/website it doesn't say anything about a free pass for any reason! I do agree that is was the ultimate sacrifice his son gave for this country, and he also gave his time when he served for this country!

vinylbarry

Could it have been moved to NHB politics?
Thought that is what that forum was for?

Didnt see it guess before it was removed.

I am a navy vet and I agree the day does not mean what it use to.

Marlene

Marlene when and what are the boundaries for this free pass? Were did it come from? When someone signs up for this forum/website it doesn't say anything about a free pass for any reason! I do agree that is was the ultimate sacrifice his son gave for this country, and he also gave his time when he served for this country!

it called human compassion and undstanding that there are subject matters that come up like this where someone may need a free pass. I do understand rules and I do agree that we need them and that there is no free pass clause. his son died in Iraq, if that doesn't deserve a free pass on Veterans Day, what on earth are we all about?

Master's Touch

just a question...and I didn't see the post, but I assume it was a swipe at W....and while I empathize, my god, with the loss....it's not like there is not a place ON THIS BOARD to burn the man in effigy, if that is what you want to do. So why not do it, if you want, in the APPROPRIATE FORUM. Why sully an attempt to honor veterans in general?

I was just thankful for Stacy starting the thread...the point of which is to appreciate the courage and commitment of servicemen.

Again, I empathize with your loss, and respect your right to speak your mind...on the appropriate forum.

Mikeifg

I agree I'm sorry about your son. But no matter who the pesident is every soldier knows the sacrifice they ultimately may have to make. I wish none of them would die but it is a war, unpopular or not. What would this country be like if it weren't for brave soldiers like your son. That's why we honor THEM on this day and not the presidents they served

Status
Not open for further replies.