• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET 1000Q New Print Heads Clogged

schenkco

Hello,
We have a CET Xpress 1000Q UV printer and we initially thought our print heads were clogged from just regular use. We replaced the heads for both cyan and magenta (4 brand new Ricoh Gen4 heads) including the ink tubes and secondary filters on the carriage. First three weeks it ran like a dream but all of a sudden without changing the way we operate, the heads were completely clogged again! This was close to $4000 USD that we just wasted on the heads. CET ran out of suggestions to resolve this issue so we are left out to hang dry. I'm wondering if anyone has had similar issues with this printer and/or CET-branded cyan and magenta uv cured ink. Any help would be deeply appreciated!

davecich

schenkco

What ink set are you running? 50, 60 or 96 series? What flush are you running? Did a CET tech change everything out? I can help you if you share this info with me.

Dave

schenkco

I presume it is 60 series. The label reads: CET-600110-01. The CET tech only changed the secondary filters and the negative pressure filter. The rest I had to do myself. As for flush, are you referring to the spray times? If so, the tech told me to put 99 secs/spray 3 times. We originally had 25 secs/spray 5 times but we found it consumed a lot of ink. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

davecich

I presume it is 60 series. The label reads: CET-600110-01. The CET tech only changed the secondary filters and the negative pressure filter. The rest I had to do myself. As for flush, are you referring to the spray times? If so, the tech told me to put 99 secs/spray 3 times. We originally had 25 secs/spray 5 times but we found it consumed a lot of ink. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Can you Post a nozzle check? I would also check the bottom of the ink bottles, and make sure no sludge is present.

Dave

schenkco

Sorry for the late reply! I actually managed to resolve the issue (temporarily). I've searched online and found that wiping with isopropyl might do the trick and in fact it cleared up 95%! As to why these 2 colours clog up faster than others...that is yet to be determined. Thanks for your help though.

Koda

Sorry for the late reply! I actually managed to resolve the issue (temporarily). I've searched online and found that wiping with isopropyl might do the trick and in fact it cleared up 95%! As to why these 2 colours clog up faster than others...that is yet to be determined. Thanks for your help though.

I have a Q5 series CET Flat bed printer and have gone through just about every issue there is with this thing. That said, CET techs , Jang, Kevin and or Joe should have told you to flush the heads with CET Solvent flush PN: 031310. Go HERE ----->

[video=youtube;A7QnnX1Xk0A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7QnnX1Xk0A[/video]

to watch how. I Encourage you to watch all their videos if you haven't yet. We have the same issue your having only its our black that has issues. I'm currently trying to squeak a few more months out of the head we have... and btw... you can get the same exact print heads online WAY cheaper than what you spent. Email me if you need any more help.

schenkco

Thanks for all your replies. I do agree that the ISO worked better than the conversion fluid that was suggested by CET.