• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET auto purge / misting settings

synergy_jim

So, I found out my heads were dropping due to the install techs not setting up the auto mist / purge function on the printer.

Basically, the heads were sitting all night and never purging so the ink was getting built up in the heads.

Tech support confirmed this when I called, and we were never trained on this.

I have a few questions.

1) at what spray interval, and how many times should I have it set up for? Does the software run this cleaning at a specific timed interval like once an hour or what?

2) in the CET control panel, there is a check box over the intervals that says close... does this shut the function off when we are using the printer? so I would leave it check so it runs over night and the weekend?

Letterbox Mike

We set ours to spray 30 times every 90 seconds overnight, and off during the day while we're using it.

Be aware, when interval cleaning is on, you're going to get a relatively large amount of ink buildup on the underside of the head carriage, so plan to raise the head up all the way every morning and give everything a good cleaning. Also, you'll clog up the lamp filters quicker, so plan to replace them regularly as well. We find that about once every 3-4 days we need to remove the lamp housings as well and clean in the crevice between the head housing and the lamp housing, a lot of ink overspray (from both printing and spray cleaning) builds up in there and can start to drip on the substrate during printing.

synergy_jim

We set ours to spray 30 times every 90 seconds overnight, and off during the day while we're using it.

Be aware, when interval cleaning is on, you're going to get a relatively large amount of ink buildup on the underside of the head carriage, so plan to raise the head up all the way every morning and give everything a good cleaning. Also, you'll clog up the lamp filters quicker, so plan to replace them regularly as well. We find that about once every 3-4 days we need to remove the lamp housings as well and clean in the crevice between the head housing and the lamp housing, a lot of ink overspray (from both printing and spray cleaning) builds up in there and can start to drip on the substrate during printing.

so you check the box to turn off interval during the day? Also, did you mean to say 90 mins?

Django

If the box is checked, it disables the clean spray. The default settings, I believe, are 15 secs and 5 sprays. The settings for the clean spray will vary, depending on the enviornment of your location. Temp, humidity, elevation can affect the negative pressure which in turn affects the nozzles on the print heads. I find that 100 secs and 1 spray works well overnight and over the weekends. But like I stated earlier, it all depends on your enviornment.

synergy_jim

If the box is checked, it disables the clean spray. The default settings, I believe, are 15 secs and 5 sprays. The settings for the clean spray will vary, depending on the enviornment of your location. Temp, humidity, elevation can affect the negative pressure which in turn affects the nozzles on the print heads. I find that 100 secs and 1 spray works well overnight and over the weekends. But like I stated earlier, it all depends on your enviornment.

awesome... I'll play with them and see what works.