• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CG-160 FX plotter and JV3-160 SP both seem to be falling apart!!!!

Adelgander

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure this is where I should post this. Here goes:

First off I am using Flexisign pro 8.1 v1. This is the program we use to print and plot.

We have been having a number of issues with our printer and plotter, mainly separately.. But some 'communication' between the two seems to be going wrong.

The first issue I am having is with the printer, as it does not seem to be printing black ink from the black cartridge. This seems to be causing my registration marks to either not print at all, or to print in small dashed lines that my plotter cannot detect. Someone I've talked to suggested physically switching the black head with one of the others and doing a test. As it is, the test draw doesn't print the black portion. We tried the syringe to pull the black through, which gave us less than quality *and* temporary results. Upon trying the same thing again, no go. I have no idea what to do. We've done all the maintenance functions, washed heads, cleaned wiper, pulled the back panel off and made sure the ink wasn't plugged behind the pump. I'm no expert, but I feel like I might be slowly getting there. :p

As for the plotter, what we have been doing since the reg marks don't print, is printing a small green dot on the 4 outside corners of the composition and making the marks by hand with a ruler before laminating. The machine does detect the marks, and begins to plot my outlines for printed media, but it is off. It is high on the page by about 3/8" and left by about 1/8" if I am facing the machine (the same every time, it can't be a coincidence as a result of hand marking... but maybe it can?). We have always had this issue, though not as bad since no reg marks can print.

I've looked all through the operation manuals, and in the help topics for flexi, but I'm lost. I've been hand cutting everything that needs a halo border. Going crazy. Any and all comments/ suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Short term workaround for your crop marks is to print them in color. On the "Rip and Print" screens in Flexi, find the box that says "Labels and Marks" and change the color from Black to All or maybe Cyan. Might have to test it to make sure what the cutter will detect the best. To me it sounds like "All" would print the marks as a mixture of CMYK which should work out.

You need to deal with the black head regardless though. The cutter if off because the printed cut marks will be a certain distance outside the artwork. The green dot is considered as part of the artwork (whether it has a contour cut set or not) so the cutter marks (if they were actually printing) would actually be further out from the green dot, not right at it.

MikePro

ouch. its nice to have a workaround, temporarily, but i'd be working on fixing your printer properly first and then moving on to figure out your cutter woes.

1/4 of your printheads being down is unacceptable, regardless.

start a new thread regarding the printer issues, with pics of your test print and pics of your carriage (with cover removed) & capping station. details regarding what happened between 100% printing and complete failure of the black printhead would be ideal as well.

MikePro

malfunctioning printer is the cause, gotta be.

your other thread, regarding the printer issues, should resolve this mess.
fix the printer, and you can get back to print/cut per usual.