• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CG 160FX detecting marks erratic

jbrownb6345

Running Fine Cut software (on two different PC's). Have been using this software for over 10 years. Set up work for some decals, 10 across on maybe 50 rows. It will start off, detects marks, go to 2nd row, detects OK, cuts this row and goes to net row. I might do this OK for 10 rows, all of a sudden it starts not detecting marks as it changes row, so it skips rows. Stop reset, and I will only cut one row and very next row it wont detect. It might do this several times, then starts working OK, for about xx rows then off it goes. Sometimes when it finishes a row it will start running back to very beginning of job... Does this from both PC's. Wondering if there is some kind of "firmware update" it is missing and needs? any suggestions?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It could be that the sensor is failing. They tend to fail sporadically rather than failing out right. Is there a reason you are using crop marks on each row? Why not bundle a bunch together in one set of crop marks?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
My first guess would be the prints are skewed ever so slightly. I know all three of the Mimaki cutter's I've used have been touchy about that, at times.
If you're 100% certain the marks aren't skewed, then my next guess would be the sensor.