• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

chang a file extention?

myronb

Somehow, I saved a .psd file as a .fs. (sometimes flexi leaves of the extention for some reason, so i kinda got in a habit of typing : "filename.fs" everytime!-- apparently I did that in Photoshop!) Anyway, how can I change the extention in windows XP? I thought I could just right-click, rename & change it there, but that doesn't work! Windows explorer wont even show me the extension!

Please help..the older I get the less patience I have with these carnsarned machines!!

Thanks,
Myron

myronb

I had a brainstorm & used another computer to access the file. Changed the extension with out a problem!!

Thanks for your time!

GK

for future reference:

Open the folder window that the file is stored in.

Click on Tools in the title bar

Click on folder options in the drop down menu

Then click the view tab in the window that opens, look for the check box that says "Hide extensions for known file types" and uncheck that box. You can leave it like this, or play it save and recheck it when your done.

Now you can just right-click the file and rename.