• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing logo/company name - need your opinion

schramm

Well I have had the name Timeless Reflections for about 2.5 years. In that time I have gotten 100's of calls thinking I was a photographer and a few other companies. I have now decided to change both the company name and my logo. I am going from Timeless Reflections to Schramm Glass & Mirror Designs. The name change will really not effect my business any as most people that I deal with make my checks out to me personally anyway. Now below is what I have come up with. I want it simple and elegant so there is no hard to read fonts and clean simple yet classy. Tell me what you think.

Rob

Attachments

• schrammlogo.jpg
    schrammlogo.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 87

SignManiac

I think you could do better than Optima for your font choice. And I'm not sure what significance the cross has but it would concern me personally. I'm very distrustful of anyone who feels the need to advertise Christinization through the use of those crisscrossed lined drawings of a fish. Of course your logo may have no religious affiliation at all.

Your logo doesn't relate to your line of work to me in any way. Have you tried anything else?

schramm

The design has nothing to do with Christianity what so ever, but I see where you are coming from. My wife says stay away from using our last name but instead go by what most people know me by and that is:

Antique Mirror Glass Company

I am not married to this design as I just started playing around with idea. I do not make it a practice to change company names unless the business changes. My business has not changed a bit but the calls I get for something not related to me is crazy.

The below pic was something I came up with a while ago.

Attachments

• logo3.jpg
    logo3.jpg
    656 KB · Views: 68

SignManiac

The design has nothing to do with Christianity what so ever, but I see where you are coming from. My wife says stay away from using our last name but instead go by what most people know me by and that is:

Antique Mirror Glass Company

I am not married to this design as I just started playing around with idea. I do not make it a practice to change company names unless the business changes. My business has not changed a bit but the calls I get for something not related to me is crazy.

The below pic was something I came up with a while ago.

Yeah I would definitely scrap that one.

schramm

My wife and I both think that it is wise to stick what most people think the company name is:

Antique Mirror Glass Co.

Using your idea of a logo should at least reflect (no pun intended) what the business is about, here is what I came up with that I like. What do you think???

Attachments

• AMGC.jpg
    AMGC.jpg
    682.8 KB · Views: 63

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
My wife and I both think that it is wise to stick what most people think the company name is:

Antique Mirror Glass Co.

Using your idea of a logo should at least reflect (no pun intended) what the business is about, here is what I came up with that I like. What do you think???

The thumbnail is a representation of what it will look from a distance... illegible

I think your going in the right direction but need to work on it a bit.. Your text needs to be larger and mirror smaller. Everything is too dark, lots of contrast issues.

signrios

no offense i think the cross inside the circle looks similar to the pilkington logo
i just did some signs for a local windshield company
i guess it stayed in the back of my head.

that's just me.

schramm

no offense i think the cross inside the circle looks similar to the pilkington logo
i just did some signs for a local windshield company
i guess it stayed in the back of my head.

that's just me.

Wow really? I get my glass from them and I don't think I have ever seen there logo. I think I am going to clean up my last design.

schramm

Schramm / Antique Mirror Glass Company...

If you don't find at least some inspiration here, I will be surprised.

I live in there and own many fonts from the site. I am a huge fan of Mike Jackson, Dave smith and Roderick. The font I am using is united cigar which I purchased from there.

schramm

I like this much better...

Attachments

• AMGCfinal.jpg
    AMGCfinal.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 76
  • AMGCfinal2.jpg
    AMGCfinal2.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 67

Jillbeans

I would lose the mirror altogether.
You don't need it if you have the word "mirror" in your name.
The last ones have the most potential but are still hard to read.
Try and find pix of Dave Smith's work, he does a lot of stuff on the link Jon posted.
Love....Jill

in addition to Jon's post i would recommend you take a look at Golden Era (the legendary heck of a nice guy incredible artist Mike Jackson) http://www.goldenstudios.com/ collections that should be in every glass artists bag of tricks imo

without a doubt Dave Smith is creating some of the best glass work around (in my not so humble opinion :) Dave had some very nice art at istock and i am pretty sure it is still available www.istockphoto.com/user_view.php?id=734120 for some inspiration

Craig Sjoquist

Ok here's my thought's
Your 1st design was ..very nice ..simple and elegant .. the cross thing ..?? was heavy on left side for balance though ..
Then you went crazy till you got to post #13 also a bit crazy but likes the name great for searching a website and if people think of you as Antique glass & mirror great also
I think combine post #1 & post #13 meaning
use the fancy mirror & Antique even more so maybe swirls & embellishments, plain glass & mirror but layout sorta like post #1 also with good contrast, then you got a start.

Jillbeans

Here's a quick suggestion, just trying out a new font.
Mine is hard to read too!

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 67