• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cheap RIP Software for old HP 9000s?

pokerdawg

We might be getting a used HP 9000s. We've seen it do test prints so we are comfortable with it so far. I'm researching RIP software and didn't realize how expensive they are. I'm shocked that nobody is selling their old versions of software. Are the license not transferable?

Can anyone suggest a cheap route to getting RIP software? I don't believe in using pirated software.

Thanks.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
What's your design software? If you have Flexi Pro, you have a rip. If not, I don't think there's a huge market for 'used' rip software. Have to bite the bullet at some point. And all it does is make you money.

player

Figure out what was used and post in the wanted classified sections of all the sign and printing forums.

Check eBay, save the searches with email alerts.

Contact the used printer equipment companies.

pokerdawg

What's your design software? If you have Flexi Pro, you have a rip. If not, I don't think there's a huge market for 'used' rip software. Have to bite the bullet at some point. And all it does is make you money.

My biz partner uses Illustrator for our t-shirt and cut vinyl projects.

pokerdawg

Figure out what was used and post in the wanted classified sections of all the sign and printing forums.

Check eBay, save the searches with email alerts.

Contact the used printer equipment companies.

Ok. Thanks.

I guess there is no cheap solution in buying something new?

FrankW

I guess there is no cheap solution in buying something new?

What does " cheap" mean for you? You can check SAi's FlexiPRINT, or Onyx RIP-Center, or Shiraz Signature, that are RIP's which you could get for below 2'000 bucks. And that's really cheap for large Format RIPping software.

pokerdawg

What does " cheap" mean for you? You can check SAi's FlexiPRINT, or Onyx RIP-Center, or Shiraz Signature, that are RIP's which you could get for below 2'000 bucks. And that's really cheap for large Format RIPping software.

Just spoke to a dealer and they recommended Flexi RIP for under $1300. I guess that's pretty reasonable for our budget.

I wanted a quote on Caldera CopyRIP but he advised against it for some reason. Getting prices on Caldera seems very difficult.

zuboltz

wasatch HP Rip for sale

I have the HP version of Wasatch for sale. we had a 9000 and sold the printer but I am left with the Rip. let me know if your interested. I think it was $1000 and I would sell it for $500.

www.natlsignage.com

player

^ As soon as you stop paying, it stops working, and you cannot open any of your graphics files or print anything you did with the subscription program.

Steph_Stamm

^ As soon as you stop paying, it stops working, and you cannot open any of your graphics files or print anything you did with the subscription program.

While it's true that the software will no longer work if you stop your subscription, you will be able to keep any graphic file you ever make, regardless of when you stop your subscription.

player

While it's true that the software will no longer work if you stop your subscription, you will be able to keep any graphic file you ever make, regardless of when you stop your subscription.

What good are completely dead, unusable files? If you cannot open them, print them, alter them, or export them... but wait- you still get to keep the files. Plus you don't get to keep older versions of the programs for old files.

Steph_Stamm

SAi offers both subscription and full-license products, so the files would still be usable if, for instance, you ended a subscription in favor of a full-license product. Or if the files were exported to another generic format like EPS. Any native file - AI, PS, DOC, etc - will (in most cases) no longer be useful if you don't own that product. I say "most cases" because Flexi can import native Adobe files. :smile: Additionally, if you already have Flexi and upgrade to a subscription, we do not require you to send back or destroy your old key.

Techman

years ago i finaggled some post script drivers in corel to run my printer for a short time. It was not perfect but it was a good temporary fix. also there is something callded pjannto rip . IT will run for 30 days trial just long enough to get you a good test for the printer. Seek it out.