• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cheaper ink than standard mimaki?

Jeremy_S

:helpWe are doing research and considering changing our ink cartridges from standard mimaki ink which is $124 from advantage to either Mega Ink which is $80 or Bordeaux $85 both are carried by Fellers.

Does anyone have any opinions or experience using the latter two inks?

Or is there a place we can buy mimaki ink cheaper than through advantage.

Thanks

S

Stan B

Offtopic, but I'm happy with Triangle's bulk system. Cheaper than Mega-Bordex too

i have a roland and just recently switched to Nazdar's Lyson ink and love it, no problems and almost a perfect color match. this was a Total shocker to me, mine are $80 for 440's.

Case

:helpWe are doing research and considering changing our ink cartridges from standard mimaki ink which is $124 from advantage to either Mega Ink which is $80 or Bordeaux $85 both are carried by Fellers.

Does anyone have any opinions or experience using the latter two inks?

Or is there a place we can buy mimaki ink cheaper than through advantage.

Thanks

Are you still under warranty or have a parts warranty? If you are and you put ink in the machine other than Mimaki's SS2 ink, then you warranty is over... I'm not saying the bulk ink is bad, but it voids all manufacturer warranties and parts warranties through Mimaki... If Advantage is the one taking care of your machine, you may want to consider that as well... Maybe they cost a few extra dollars than someone else... But they give you support and help take care of your machine... That is something that you may lose if you look somewhere else for ink... Whoever supports your machine, it is often a good idea to support them for your supplies... This is not always the case... But you may wanna think things over before you read too many message board posts... But thats your call...

Mega Inks have a pretty rough smell from what I have been told...

Case

PSG

i have a roland and just recently switched to Nazdar's Lyson ink and love it, no problems and almost a perfect color match. this was a Total shocker to me, mine are $80 for 440's.

:goodpost:

I second that on the Lyson Ink! Great Stuff, Great Price, from an established company that knows a little something about ink...
If you are in Indy here is there # (317) 897-5147 ask for Brian Eads, he would be your sales rep and will take care of you. Good people to do business with too.

FYI - Nazdar owns Lyson, so you are purchasing directly from the manufacturer, this not some no name third party ink.

http://www.nazdar.com/digital_print...tionID=213&catID=213&catTab=section&attrIDs=0

particleman

Based on your city, and you mentioning advantage. I assume you bought your printer from them too? I would call them, they sell triangle and stock it in indy. It works pretty well. Advantage is good about supporting their products too.

texas_D

Are you still under warranty or have a parts warranty? If you are and you put ink in the machine other than Mimaki's SS2 ink, then you warranty is over... I'm not saying the bulk ink is bad, but it voids all manufacturer warranties and parts warranties through Mimaki...
Actually that is a myth and is totally illegal....

Case

Actually that is a myth and is totally illegal....

Oh really? Call Mimaki and ask them then...Call HP and ask them...

It clearly states in the fine print you must use their ink or use of 3rd party ink voids the warranty........Does it not?

Case

texas_D

Oh really? Call Mimaki and ask them then...Call HP and ask them...

It clearly states in the fine print you must use their ink or use of 3rd party ink voids the warranty........Does it not?

Case
HP, Mimaki, Roland, Mutoh.....none of them make ink.....it's all 3rd party. and you should check the laws on it. Now they don't have to service the printer but they have to honor the parts warranty regardless. I don't care what HP and Mimaki say, they are trying to make more $$ off of you because of the pretty little HP logo on the cartridge.
I PM'd you the law.....

thewood

There was a class action lawsuit regarding this if I'm not mistaken. Scare tactics. Our workhorse is well out of warranty, but we've been using Triangle Inx since the beginning. $100 per liter and fantastic colors. Triangle, at the time, was picking up the remainder of folk's warranties to persuade them to switch.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Eleven Ten 440ml Cartridge for $80? We have 1000ml for $80.

We have a local sign shop customer who's in business for over 10 years. He has one Roland VP-540 and also does screen printing. His dealer suggested to switch from Roland to Eleven Ten because of ink cost. He switched and found ink has good result. I approached him and offer one magenta 220ml cartridge. He tried and he started buying from us in bulk system because switching from Eleven Ten to J-STAR, you will save another 20-30% ink savings with no problems. He did not flush the printer. He is using Eleven Ten with our ink together and "perfect" he said. He now has magenta and yellow refillable cartridge w/ liter ink setup. He confirmed he will call for black and cyan upcoming week. He could be a good reference to call for us.

J-STAR brand is selling same formula, same ink for the past four years. Colors are very close to oem ink. A bit stronger but standable smell vs oem. But with over 60-70% ink cost savings, it is a different story. Of course, we dont suggest customers to switch to us with warranty in effect. We have several signs101 members using our ink with good feedbacks. We are also 100% eBay Seller on eBay.

Example Roland VP-540 bulk setup savings
Four liters(cmyk) of ink $280
Four empty refillable cartridges $0
First order Shipping $0

You are also backed by 3 days money back guarantee, period.

Francis Kao
Fieldcenter Inc
sales@fieldcenterusa.com
(949)209-7306

Attachments

• roland 5.jpg
    roland 5.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 135
  • roland pic 3.jpg
    roland pic 3.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 137
  • roland picture 1.jpg
    roland picture 1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 130

thewood

Ok, well, say you don't want to get involved w/ the law, and going to court, then YES it voids your warranty.

Actually, I know a sign shop that switched to Triangle bulk inks several years ago while still under warranty. They had a board failure, and Mimaki replaced it under warranty. Even Mimaki agreed that the only part of the warranty that they could legally void was that pertaining to parts that actually touch the ink. They didn't go to court.

MikePro

new to forums, but figured I'd post my 2c.
Recently just switched to Bordeaux inks from Fellers as well... great price cut! saving 40bux per cartridge is certainly a plus!

Only issue I've had so far, after going through approx. 40+ cartridges, is that the solvent "smell" is WAY stronger than that of standard inks. I have also been shipped a few cartridges that expired within a month of receiving them, but Fellers was more than happy to send me FREE replacement chips!

For the price difference, I've been more than happy to deal with the slight inconvieniences.

gabagoo

There is one aspect to changing over inks that I never see mentioned and it concerned me to the point where I can't be bothered at this point.

That is..... if you were to change your inks, that will probably mean every file you saved with specific colour info and the knowledge that if you reprint (which I do a lot of), then there is a very good possibility that everything will change. That would mean basically redoing the files as they come back up and doing new colour swatches...etc.

If the machine were relatively new than I might take the leap but now at 3.5 years, there is far to much work that could be involved.

Rooster

The only part of your warranty that gets voided with third party inks is the ink lines, cartridges and print head. Everything else remains the same.

OEM Mimaki SS2 cartridges at half price

We have in stock the following OEM SS2 cartridges. They are in average 60% full. Taken from the machine that couldn't count the ink properly. Chips are re-programmed and the cartridges will work well, guaranteed.

SolventCartridges, tel. 905-820-8833. Email: support@solventcartridges.com

Color |Volume| % of full | Price

Black 301 68% $41
Black 313 71% $43
Black 302 69% $41
Black 316 72% $43
Black 272 62% $37
Black 271 62% $37
Black 250 57% $34
Black 162 37% $22
Black 155 35% $21
Black 156 35% $21
Black 214 49% $29
Black 159 36% $22
Black 235 53% $32
Black 223 51% $30
Cyan 309 70% $42
Cyan 310 70% $42
Cyan 322 73% $44
Cyan 324 74% $44
Cyan 442 100% $60
Cyan 266 60% $36
Cyan 297 68% $41
Cyan 174 40% $24
Cyan 263 60% $36
Cyan 185 42% $25
Cyan 327 74% $45
Cyan 328 75% $45
Cyan 289 66% $39
Magenta 290 66% $40
Magenta 345 78% $47
Magenta 303 69% $41
Magenta 303 69% $41
Magenta 305 69% $42
Magenta 166 38% $23
Magenta 216 49% $29
Magenta 239 54% $33
Magenta 278 63% $38
Magenta 145 33% $20
Magenta 245 56% $33
Yellow 268 61% $37
Yellow 263 60% $36
Yellow 346 79% $47
Yellow 362 82% $49
Yellow 338 77% $46
Yellow 149 34% $20
Yellow 269 61% $37
Yellow 279 63% $38
Yellow 220 50% $30
Yellow 229 52% $31
Yellow 234 53% $32
Yellow 276 63% $38

JETBEST USA

Hey Jeremy S
Signs1o1 is very good source for research on any product that you may be looking at buying in the industry. A little off topic but I would like to interest you in my product. I have been using this ink for about five years now, and am so pleased with it that I became a distributor. Our ink is not only of great quality but its consumed worldwide, and most importantly we provide it at very economical prices. The going rates for our 1Lt bottle is $89 the halve liter bottle for refillable system is $45, the 440ml cartridge $59, and the 220ml $40 if you are interested on trying the inks contact me and I can provide you with some free samples or referrals of customers that are currently using our product around your area.
Angel Ochoa
818 287 5899
angel@jetbestusa.com

Last edited:

denniss

I don't use the Triange but i do use an Eco-Sol ink from Rex-Tone in India and it has been good, i can't say great but what ink does. The smell is a little strong but he ventiliation is handleling it. I get it for 81.50 per liter. Hope this helps