• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cheapest OEM Mutoh ink?

Flame

Alright...not going to lie, it's a little disheartening to watch your ink costs rise and rise over time, and I've gotten to a point where I'm simply no longer happy with the price I pay per catridge for ink. Running a Valuejet, I like to use the 220 cartridges. I've done some searching but I want your guys opinions.... best/ cheapest place to obtain OEM inks. I WILL NOT switch away from oem. Done playing russian roullete with that.

Where would you guys suggest and how much per cartridge?

ProWraps

we pay $65 and some change. I can get it as low as $62 and some change. i dont because its easier for me to order it from the company i order my materials from.

i get such a smokin deal on my materials, that it more than makes up for the $3 difference on inks. and we go through probably 10-20 carts a week.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
See if you can run the larger 440's on your 1204, they work here on the 1304 and save about 10% off the list over the 220's.

wayne k
guam usa

FatCat

See if you can run the larger 440's on your 1204, they work here on the 1304 and save about 10% off the list over the 220's.

wayne k
guam usa

No, can't do it on the 1204's without using another chip for the rest of the ink which pretty much negates any savings.

MikePro

The term Russian Roulette can easily be applied to OEM inks as well. Bad batches are just as likely from OEM and 3rd party inks... go with Triangle, the quality as been known to surpass OEM inks in most cases, and at 75% the cost.

petesign

I dont understand why people complain about the cost of ink/wipers, etc.

If you spend the $$ on the printer - spend the $$ to maintain and use it. If ink costs go up, add a nickel per square foot to your printed materials to cover your costs.

Not trying to be rude, but at some point you have to pass the rising costs along to your consumer. Hopefully they wont notice you going from $5 a square foot to $5.05.

Flame

I dont understand why people complain about the cost of ink/wipers, etc.

If you spend the $$ on the printer - spend the $$ to maintain and use it. If ink costs go up, add a nickel per square foot to your printed materials to cover your costs.

Not trying to be rude, but at some point you have to pass the rising costs along to your consumer. Hopefully they wont notice you going from $5 a square foot to $5.05.

Now that you got that out of your system. Glad you're content with the amount of money you make but I always like to make more. Let's say theoretically I go through 3 sets (of 4 cartridges) of ink a month. Supplier A charges $89 a cartridge, making my total monthly cost $1068. Now let's say I found supplier B, who charges me $60 a cartridge, a monthly cost of $720. Simply by being a more frugal shopper, I have obtained the identical product, but save $348 a month. Just in savings, I could go buy a new Kia for a shop vehicle.

So, I am looking for the best price on my ink. My materials supplier is a Roland shop, otherwise I'd be happy to give my money to them.

Flame

Well phone call in to a local shop and I think I'm content with the pricing they got me. Plus Grimco can be deliver next day. Thanks to everyone helping me here and the PM's!

CheapVehicleWrap

Now that you got that out of your system. Glad you're content with the amount of money you make but I always like to make more. Let's say theoretically I go through 3 sets (of 4 cartridges) of ink a month. Supplier A charges $89 a cartridge, making my total monthly cost $1068. Now let's say I found supplier B, who charges me $60 a cartridge, a monthly cost of $720. Simply by being a more frugal shopper, I have obtained the identical product, but save $348 a month. Just in savings, I could go buy a new Kia for a shop vehicle.

So, I am looking for the best price on my ink. My materials supplier is a Roland shop, otherwise I'd be happy to give my money to them.

Are you "Cheaper than thou?". only kidding, you're right.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
You want to save a buck or two over a 220ml cartridge but you don't want to try to look for another aftermarket ink. Understand the larger corporation who prints 24 hours can't afford to use mutoh ink to profit. enough If you want to save not just a buck or two over 220ml, research a known referenced aftermarket ink supplier, ask for least five references and start saving. Your mutoh valuejet ain't different than the guy who uses third party ink down the street. He doesn't have the print head clogs, his customers are happy. Now your print heads started clogging and your customers complain about colors. Perhaps the aftemarket supplier that you found was selling you $20/liter then you think all aftermarket are garage. How about a more expensive third party ink? It is like you can buy Michellin tires at Costco but you think Hankook tires are weak. They both do the work, they both pass the tests, they both are 9001 and just people chose michellin over hankook. I'm just too bored. This is just a personal thought to the topic. Kia? How about aim for a mecerdez?

Flame

You want to save a buck or two over a 220ml cartridge but you don't want to try to look for another aftermarket ink. Understand the larger corporation who prints 24 hours can't afford to use mutoh ink to profit. enough If you want to save not just a buck or two over 220ml, research a known referenced aftermarket ink supplier, ask for least five references and start saving. Your mutoh valuejet ain't different than the guy who uses third party ink down the street. He doesn't have the print head clogs, his customers are happy. Now your print heads started clogging and your customers complain about colors. Perhaps the aftemarket supplier that you found was selling you $20/liter then you think all aftermarket are garage. How about a more expensive third party ink? It is like you can buy Michellin tires at Costco but you think Hankook tires are weak. They both do the work, they both pass the tests, they both are 9001 and just people chose michellin over hankook. I'm just too bored. This is just a personal thought to the topic. Kia? How about aim for a mecerdez?

I could also tell you about how I decided to try some highly recommended aftermarket inks once. Within 2 weeks, they ate through my ink lines, ruined my capping station, ink lines, dampers and clogged the **** out of my heads. Plus the ink never bonded properly with any of my media so over the next couple months, EVERY product produced in that 2 week span was returned for warranty.

The amount of $, time and customers I lost during that period stung pretty bad. I'd be leary before I tried another ink option just due to personal experience.