• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cheapest OEM Mutoh ink?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Was your machine new? Was it time to change the parts and you just happen to use a stronger solvent based ink(TriXXXXE) and their ink is not mild solvent at all. Same customer using the same ink for over 2 years our end never need to change a damper/print head. While the rest of the world using third party ink ok, few people have problems then they call it third party no good. Where did they sell their annual 1,000 tons to? Are theses printers all broken up? No offensive words to you just i am happened to have few questions.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Real professional... :noway:

Easy enough for me to copy & paste "Real professional... :noway: " back to you buddy. I was just stating a fact, a personal thought not representing the company. Who is professional who is not? Flame is the professional who was not offended by it but to respond it with his conern. Yes you can join the open forum however you want but a comment like this annoyed me.

gnemmas

OEM is just too greedy. If third party can sell at $100 a liter and make a profit, why does OEM insist on selling at $295 a liter? ($65 divided by 220 times 1000)

They don't make the ink anyway and we can guess that OEM pays less than $100 a liter and mark it up 3000 %.

We need to support the competition of the third party inks.

jiarby

I posted this a while back... maybe time to redo!?
The last 220's I bought costs me $79!! M0ntroy Sucks.
I dont do alot of business with them.
Maybe that is why I got the 1st column price??

It looks like if you run 2 sets of 220's a month then your printer is nearly FREE
YMMV

Attachments

• inkcosts2.jpg
    inkcosts2.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 99

randya

OEM is just too greedy. If third party can sell at $100 a liter and make a profit, why does OEM insist on selling at $295 a liter? ($65 divided by 220 times 1000)

They don't make the ink anyway and we can guess that OEM pays less than $100 a liter and mark it up 3000 %.

We need to support the competition of the third party inks.

While we do make a profit on ink, as I hope you do, no we don't manufacture the ink. And we dont have a monopoly on the distribution.
There in lies the problem.
We are tied into this ink by Epson.
I dont believe Epson makes the ink either.
So Epson buys it (specificically for print head compatibility)
Mutoh buys it (then optimizes firing of that ink with the Epson heads)
It goes through Mutoh distribution,
Then dealer distribution.
Then to customers.

So third party ink supplies who do none of this and sell direct or a single distributor have a price advantange.

jc1cell

Randy, I can understand all that. But why tie us down with cartridges when bulk systems are clearly more advantageous. IMHO

jc

randya

Randy, I can understand all that. But why tie us down with cartridges when bulk systems are clearly more advantageous. IMHO

jc

Two answers Warranty control and supply.
With a bulk system anyone can put in anything and claim warranty.
This happened all too often before chips.

And Epson does not offer this ink in bulk.
Except in 1 liter bags for the 1618.
I understand that there will be options for these 1 liter bags in the new printers.

And bulk systems can have their problems as well.

Last edited:

jc1cell

Thank you, Randy, for a clear response. I have always asked this question to any Mutoh Tech I have spoken with. Their only response was that Mutoh will not provide bulk ink systems for these printers.

I just love the flexibility of simply refilling the cartridge (or bottle) with new ink and being able to let it run without worrying about the cartridge being empty.

Thanks again.

jc

randya

You're welcome.

We do have bulk systems for the Spitfire, Blizzard and the new textile printers.
But with those we have to pay a royalty to Epson for them to honor the print head warranty.

So our costs are still higher than 3rd party ink that offer no Epson warranty.

Flame

Sooooooo, now Grimco no longer carries Mutoh products so once again need a new supplier. I've ran out of locals, anyone got a good suggestion? :)