• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cheapy cheapy very cheapy guy

"Deposit Please"

Just had some plumber guy walk into our shop this afternoon . He asked what he can use to get all the glue off his work truck & if we had anything to take it off that he can use. I told him that we use special liquid that will take it right off. I said that we can do it for $50 dollars to remove all the glue on both sides & back.
The guy just laughed. i asked him if he went out on service calls for plumbing work at no charge. There was a moment of silence. I then said " you know where i'm at if you change your mind" then walked back in the shop.
He was using a razor blade/ rubbing alcohol & steel wool (No joke). I can't believe they wouldn't pay me $50 bucks to take the glue off both sides & back. Instead, he may be paying much more getting that truck repainted. Attached a pic of him trying to do it himself. I blacked out his phone # out of respect.

Attachments

• cheap plumber.jpg
    cheap plumber.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 113

TheSnowman

Yep. But these guys don't think we do anything, you have to remember...the whole world thinks you just eat a keyboard and crap out the design.

Jillbeans

His faucet looks like a limp d!ck no wonder he wants to remove it.
(sorry for all the sexual comparisons today I had some weird dreams last night)
Ha! Dontcha wish you could recommend gasoline?
I would have told him to go to the hardware store and get some Goo Gone.
Love....Jill

OldPaint

thats less then i woulda done it for.............i charge the same to REMOVE as i do to INSTALL. besides, that less then the standard fee for one of his SERVICE CALLS!!!!

"Deposit Please"

Exactly, nobody works for free. I sure don't, otherwise, i would be stuffing shells at taco bell in no time. ( nothing wrong w/ working at taco bell, just aint my thang) Some things i just can't comprehend, & this is one of them. I'm gonna monitor his progress & try to snap another pic if he ever gets done destroying his work truck.

Sign_Boy

Yep. But these guys don't think we do anything, you have to remember...the whole world thinks you just eat a keyboard and crap out the design.

You are awesome!!!!
That made my week!!!
I LOVE IT!!!

Jill - Sorry I keep popping up in your dreams:loveya:

$50 - That's a deal.
I wouldn't have thought twice about that one.

"Deposit Please"

lol, that modified logo is toooo funny. that's probably the only hard-on he gets.
ooops, i did forget to block out the lic #. That's alright, only we share this stuff.

"Deposit Please"

Update on cheapy

Holy f@ck'n Crap, the guy is still working on getting the glue off his work truck. Posted this thread 6 days ago. 6 days later, he's still out there rubbing & scrubbing. lol
Looks like he's using gasoline this time. Before, he was using rubbing alcohol. The cheap guy didn't want to pay me $50 to remove the glue on both driver/passenger sides & back. I Would've been done that same day. Ohhh man, and it's gonna be a hot & humid day here too, good luck to him. lol

Attachments

• cheapy.jpg
    cheapy.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 89

RebeckaR

Things must be slow for him if he's got that kind of time to screw around trying to get goo off.

Taking vinyl off is the one thing I hate doing the most. I'd gladly pay someone else to do it. (It ruins your manicure every time)