• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Check out my mobile sign van.

ChrisZak7

I work out of this van my father-in-law and I built. Its a 2003 E450. Recent additions include a complete shower and bathroom one piece unit and 32" lcd tv. Yes the fireplace is real and heats the van during the winter months. I use flexi with a graphtec cutter. I have a summa at home for printing needs. I do alot of 3-4 day work trips and have a bed that goes over the cutting table for sleeping on. I do everything on site and do mostly automotive lettering and graphics. Im from Binghamton NY.

Attachments

• Katrinas%20Birthday%202007%20060.jpg
    Katrinas%20Birthday%202007%20060.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 88

ChrisZak7

More pics.

Attachments

• Southern%20Tier%20Speedworld%202-27-09%20(174).jpg
    Southern%20Tier%20Speedworld%202-27-09%20(174).jpg
    111 KB · Views: 88
  • W66_3136.jpg
    W66_3136.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 80

ChrisZak7

I bought the cab & chassis on ebay from Tampa Fl. I had a new 17' areocell box put on it from unicell in Buffalo NY. Its about 4 hours from here. Everything is 2 way taped or on rubber pads with screws. The cutter is mounted to brackets that have a little give to them. Never had any real failures on the road. Floor is insulated aswell as the walls and roof. The roof mount ac was also bought on ebay. I use a honda 3000is for remote location jobs where I cant plug in. I also have an inverter system that can go about 8 hours on a full charge powering the computer, cutter and the overhead lights. 14 speaker sound system pumps pretty good. Whenever I get pulled over cops usually look in the back to see what i'm hauling and the next question is usually "do you letter boats?".

Last edited:

Craig Sjoquist

now that is inspiring.. since I already own a 14 ft box van ..needs engine but
it was a thought to set up this way ..but afraid of equipment failure..being on road too much
since ya really not done alot of modifacations other then whats needed
it seems it can work and work well

ChrisZak7

Its really simple. Ive been mobile for 10 years now. Only real failures were the old tube monitors only lasted 1 year. LCD's last years with no problems other than they get bigger and cheaper. Ive had a 22" samsung that has been in there for 3 years.The outside is plain white with no lettering. I don't like to call attention to myself on the road. I kinda like looking like an average delivery van. Its wired like a normal building would be. I have a 3 prong male outlet on the outside of the box thats wired into a 4 panel breaker box. 1 breaker for the lights, 1 for the computer & cutter, 1 for the air conditioner and one spare. I plug into wherever I work with a regular extention cord. The inverter has a built in transfer switch so if a breaker goes it keeps everything on.

ChrisZak7

Few more cars done out of the van:

Attachments

• team08.jpg
    team08.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 102807j_(16).jpg
    102807j_(16).jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 92
  • ChemungIMG_0003_1.jpg
    ChemungIMG_0003_1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 86

ChrisZak7

The racks are custom made and longer so they dont go flying when taking exits to fast! The 32" tv is also tied into the monitor so customers can see whats going on without looking over my shoulder. The tanks for the shower are in the cabinets above the floor so I can use the shower and toilet during the cold upstate ny winters. It has an electric water heater and a heat exchanger off the motor so it makes hot water as I drive. We use it on weekend every now and then to take the kids to Hershey park and stay in the campground.

ChrisZak7

Here:

Attachments

• Southern%20Tier%20Speedworld%202-27-09%20(173).jpg
    Southern%20Tier%20Speedworld%202-27-09%20(173).jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Southern%20Tier%20Speedworld%202-27-09%20(176).jpg
    Southern%20Tier%20Speedworld%202-27-09%20(176).jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 89

Baz

Whenever I get pulled over cops usually look in the back to see what i'm hauling and the next question is usually "do you letter boats?".

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nice setup :thumb: Welcome from Québec, Canada :Canada:

P

ProWraps™

+1 for doing the damn thing. very cool my man. very unique and obviously a labor of love. props to yo and your dad. love it.