• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Check out my new handicap ladder!

Stacey K

I like making signs
A ladder for the handicapped!

I'm not actually handicapped but 5 hours on a 5' ladder up and down makes you a cripple!

My feet hurt, my knees hurt, my legs hurt. So, I found this ladder which has nice wide steps so the bottoms of my feet won't hurt, it has handles incase my knees hurt or start to give out, and a tray so I don't have to stick the squeegee in my bra.

It's a bit heavier than my aluminum one but I don't care, I almost threw in the towel last week after being up and down doing a cube truck.

377152203_347733981074769_8258041943913124253_n.jpg

Attachments

• 377152203_347733981074769_8258041943913124253_n.jpg
    377152203_347733981074769_8258041943913124253_n.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 256

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Last weekend we were installing window perf on a building. They had a total of 34 windows. Up and down and up and down. My hips are killing me. I need that ladder

petepaz

ladders and the scaffolding kill my back and legs. this business is becoming a young person's game.
i am constantly climbing around like a monkey doing installations.
i enjoy doing it and fortunately i am healthy enough to keep doing it but the past few months i have been climbing around on boom trucks installing vinyl thinking "how much longer will i be able to do this?"

and nice ladder...haha

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Since we started doing so many fully wrapped city buses and box trucks, etc at the shop one if the best investments I made was a used scissor lift. Platform is 8' long and has a 2' slide out extension. That thing has been a dream to have. I can transport it off site but rarely is that worth the effort and its really only usable on hard surfaces.

JBurton

Signtologist
Just gonna say, scissor lifts hold their value for a loooooooong time if not rented out, pretty great investment...
I rented one for an atrium at a college, got it for a whole month since they were unsure when they'd approve the artwork, and we also needed it for some gemini letters. Well that was 90 days ago, the university has ditched their art and their marketing team is now on it, but in the meantime I've used it on like 8 other jobs, including just using it instead of the rolling ladder for painting, vinyl 20' up in a library, painted a set of cabinets in a strip mall. I'm really considering getting one added to my humble fleet.

Stacey K

I like making signs
ladders and the scaffolding kill my back and legs. this business is becoming a young person's game.
i am constantly climbing around like a monkey doing installations.
i enjoy doing it and fortunately i am healthy enough to keep doing it but the past few months i have been climbing around on boom trucks installing vinyl thinking "how much longer will i be able to do this?"

and nice ladder...haha
That's exactly what I think, "how much longer can I do this". I too am perfectly able to do the work but will I in 5 years from now? If I'm sore now, how will I feel in 5 years?

Apparently, if you were born in the 70's and your legs were bowed out because you were a large baby they put full leg casts on you. My mother is certain this is the reason for my knee problems. I can't wait until I can get them replaced someday, maybe I can do installs into my 80's then! LOL

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
That's exactly what I think, "how much longer can I do this". I too am perfectly able to do the work but will I in 5 years from now? If I'm sore now, how will I feel in 5 years?

Apparently, if you were born in the 70's and your legs were bowed out because you were a large baby they put full leg casts on you. My mother is certain this is the reason for my knee problems. I can't wait until I can get them replaced someday, maybe I can do installs into my 80's then! LOL
strap some 2x4s to your legs and get back to work. In 5 years you'll still be sore and wishing you were 5 years younger.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
But does it have a cup holder? You know, to stay "hydrated".
NO JOKE! For real! I turned 53 a couple of weeks ago. The last two weekends we were installing window perf on a building. I drink water CONSTANTLY. I didn't bring my water with me and had to stop and get some at the corner store. a cup holder is genius!

Johnny Best

You guys need to work out doing squats. I climb ladders all the time with no problem. Stand and close your eyes and but both hands on your chest. Lift up one leg and see how long you can balance on one leg. If you can't do it longer than 5 sec. you should stay off a ladder.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
You guys need to work out doing squats. I climb ladders all the time with no problem. Stand and close your eyes and but both hands on your chest. Lift up one leg and see how long you can balance on one leg. If you can't do it longer than 5 sec. you should stay off a ladder.
I do yoga :) that tree pose is a killer.