• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Check out my new self help book, "Welcome to WalMart!"

ionsigns

Willkommen! If I had stayed the course and become a psychologist I could easily had 10,000 artists, designers and signmakers as patients. Ironic. You have family. You are blessed.

Roark

Welcome aboard the crazy train!
Can I be the conductor? My pedigree is in that regard is impeccable.

Welcome, from another Hon.
Ah yes, Balmer. The only sexually ambivalent metropolis on earth where it is totally appropriate for complete strangers to refer to each other as 'Hon'.

Good luck! These days, I am wondering why I didn't buy a car wash.
Yeah it was a tough choice between whatever it is that I'm doin', a "Chicken Ranch" in Vegas or sling dope. Have I erred?

Best intro I've seen.
You obviously read very little or have exceptionally low standards. Either way, my posts can fill that bill.

You win 100 internets & 10 rolls of blue Avery vinyl.
Whose Avery. ;)

now that was worth reading...welcome from northeast of you
Another sheltered soul with low expectations. Flattery just encourages me.

Interesting.....lol
I'm nothing if not entertaining. At least that what wife number last tells me.

Welcome from PA
Love the sig. A practical interpretation of one of my favorite books, In Search of Excellence.
-Have a unique innovation (a hook).
-Always exceed expectations.
-Always express a sense of urgency.
-If it works, keep doing it till it doesn't, if not - try
something else.
You obviously get the gist.

So... tell us a little about yourself ;)

Great intro and welcome from NS!
"I started out as as child...", :)
(with apologies to Bill Cosby).

Welcome to the Show!!! M*
I only remember bits and pieces of that concert (actually there are whole decades that I'm unsure of).
I remember a quad sound system and something about Brain Salad. There doubtless were large quantities of drugs involved.
Could there be a connection between that and my recent business direction? Actually, I'd prefer that you allow my delusions and denial to persist - don't answer that.

Welcome!!!

I'm stuck in my "Luddite heritage".....I just do carved signs (by hand).

I won't be able to help you with anything that has a plug at the end of it.

My daughter lives in Columbia. We get down there on occasion so I just might stop in one day and say hay!

So, did you get a Carvewright?

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!
"Just" carve by hand? Isn't that like saying I only cut dovetails by hand? The machines are "just" a great way to make pretend you're a craftsman. That's why - yes I did buy a CW - but I can still lay open a palm with cold steel. Actually I believe the "plugs" are the only thing that has allowed me to stop tithing to the local ER.
Used to own a deli in Columbia - the town that proves; designing Section 8 housing into the midst of middle class suburbs ultimately causes issues. Long live class warfare. ;)

Welcome from Florida! While you freeze, we sweat our asses off installing in our extended 90+ degree humid summers. I'd trade ya in a heartbeat.
Done! Contrary to popular belief, we too have your 90+/90+ heat and humidity. We just like to mix it up with a couple of feet of snow. Love the Keys! Just can't make a living there, so I stay close to the giant teat in D.C. For some reason they never run out'a money. :(

oops... apparently i spoke too soon.

my husband says i can't be telling strangers i love them, just because of one funny post.
i forgot to ask what the number was, i'll have to get back to you on that.

but... that's one
Your husband sounds like a wise man, obey him. (how's that for funny?)
Wife number last can and will attest to the dangers of being influenced by glib charmers. ;)

This thread = :ROFLMAO:
Hi from NC! I have nothing much to contribute. These folks are kind enough to let me hang around and lurk and I return the favor by not being too annoying (I hope!)

:signs101: :rock-n-roll:
Is there an annoying scale here that I can read first, or do I just keep walking till I hit the electric fence?

that's two! ...although their ain't no number... still, funny is funny! :Big Laugh

Welcome! (don't worry... I won't mention the weather:rock-n-roll:)
Thank you, thank you,...I'll be appearing nightly.
Hey, wait a minute...are you in Hawaii?
Never mind...I couldn't bear to know.

Oh sure......pick on Seattle why don't ya! :rolleyes: Well.....I guess the shoe does fit.:frustrated:
I know you are just a cabinet shop but can you build me a waterproof box measuring 50 cubits wide X 500 cubits long with a depth of 30 cubits?.......I can put on my own lettering if that helps!

Welcome Aboard from a soggy Seattle
"Riiight!...What's a cubit?" (sorry Bill).

Boxes we can do...but what are these letters of which you speak?

The craziest thing is that when you drive east for an hour you end up in a literal desert. How weird is that? Definitely one of the cleanest and friendliest States I've ever been in. Kind'a inversely proportionate to Maryland.

Thanks to all for the kind welcome. Hope I don't wear it out too fast. :)

Kottwitz-Graphics

Whose Avery. ;)

Stick around, you'll find out about Avery...really quite usefull for target practice, chunking at stray dawgs, or annoying spouses...just don't ever, ever, ever, ever use it for sign making...you'll actually make out better throwing it at the spouse (when they get annoying)...you won't get in as much trouble...

Hope I don't wear it out too fast. :)
I don't think that'll happen too quickly...at least you didn't come in and ask which end of the cord to plug a plotter in to the wall with...

And welcome from just across the bridge on the slower lower eastern shore...

Roark

Stick around, you'll find out about Avery...really quite usefull for target practice, chunking at stray dawgs, or annoying spouses...just don't ever, ever, ever, ever use it for sign making...you'll actually make out better throwing it at the spouse (when they get annoying)...you won't get in as much trouble...
And here I thought ya'll only chunked punkin's.
R.M. Ducks or R.M. Avery's? ...M.R. Ducks! :)

Annoying spouse? My beautiful, gracious child bride could never do anything to annoy me. She's the ying to my yang, the light of my life, my reason for being, (and she could potentially read this one day). ;)

I don't think that'll happen too quickly...at least you didn't come in and ask which end of the cord to plug a plotter in to the wall with...

And welcome from just across the bridge on the slower lower eastern shore...
Don't be silly. Everybody knows that the plotter connects to the cigarette lighter.

Lived there for a time too, back when the crabbin' was good and pleasant livin' meant you could eat from the Bay without fear of growing a third eye on the back of your skull. Never was really totally accepted, since I came from the netherworld of "the other side of that bridge". Truly a unique place, all unto its own.

Y'ever see Deliverance?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from PA.......................................

psst........... what's a 'ying'​

Tim Aucoin

Welcome from Calgary, Alberta :Canada 2: where spring has finally sprung! :Big Laugh .... OH CRAP... I'm not supposed to talk about the weather!! :banghead: