• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chrome Vinyl

BUCKY

What issue are you having with R-Tape? I have whole lot of this in use on boats and it is not something that we get complaints or failures hardly ever. We've been using it 4+ years now. It isn't conformable though it won't do rivets.

The only other long term option I know of is Convex. It is super expensive though.
http://www.convexvinyl.com/convexchrome/
With the R tape some peeling was normal but the biggest problem was turning white. The shop who is doing our past customer's fleet now is using R tape. I just seen a truck they did which was 18 moths old.
It literally looked like white vinyl. No chrome look showing at all. I know it will hold up for some time on some vehicles etc. that do not get much UV exposure or which get general hand washing, but against
Blue Beacon truck washes nothing seems to hold up. Truck drivers will not spend weeks on the road with a dirty truck or come home and spend a day washing. Their only option is the truck washes and the Blue Beacons are the most dominant. All though we warn them I can't say I really blame them. Home time is valuable for them.

Also stay away from the Convex vinyl!!!!!!!!! We purchased some of that as well. They swore up and down their product was what we needed. It peeled off and de-laminated within 3 months!!!!!
I spoke directly with the head of the manufacturing of that film and he basically told us to go pound sand... not their problem.
They said we should have tested it before using it on a fleet of thirty trucks .Really!!? It is our job to test your product that you claim will work for us?!!!!
Zero warranty again!!! Worst product we ever tried!!!!

BillyBoy86

With the R tape some peeling was normal but the biggest problem was turning white. The shop who is doing our past customer's fleet now is using R tape. I just seen a truck they did which was 18 moths old.
It literally looked like white vinyl. No chrome look showing at all. I know it will hold up for some time on some vehicles etc. that do not get much UV exposure or which get general hand washing, but against
Blue Beacon truck washes nothing seems to hold up. Truck drivers will not spend weeks on the road with a dirty truck or come home and spend a day washing. Their only option is the truck washes and the Blue Beacons are the most dominant. All though we warn them I can't say I really blame them. Home time is valuable for them.

Also stay away from the Convex vinyl!!!!!!!!! We purchased some of that as well. They swore up and down their product was what we needed. It peeled off and de-laminated within 3 months!!!!!
I spoke directly with the head of the manufacturing of that film and he basically told us to go pound sand... not their problem.
They said we should have tested it before using it on a fleet of thirty trucks .Really!!? It is our job to test your product that you claim will work for us?!!!!
Zero warranty again!!! Worst product we ever tried!!!!
as far as turning white, this is for a show van or something like that....he does different themes on them, i just lettered one earlier this year that was a lemon tree theme....painted yellow and green with the interior done in the same colors.
that said, i think he keeps them indoors besides the shows, but i guess i'll have to ask him