• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chrome Wrap

S

signs-work

Ok i got 2 rolls of chrome wrap
My question is There is a think film like an over laminate that is removable. Do i remove this before installing the wrap material. This is my first time installing the chrome if anyone has any ideal.
Thanks

Pro Image

I would say after... it might be a protection layer to keep you from scratching it......but if you really want a good answer.....Ask the Manufacturer....

Joe Diaz

yeah I would think pro is right. I haven't worked with Chrome wrap but have used the regular chrome hp vinyl and it scratches easily.

PDXSignSupply

After

Remove the protective layer AFTER installation, and only install with a felt squeegee. Chrome wrap material is very easily scratchable, and considering the cost- be careful!

fmg

I am curious how one would clean a vehicle with a chrome wrap and avoid scratching the film.

Stealth Ryder

Vette wrapped with Avery Chrome... Printed, and applied thanks to carswraps.com

Attachments

• Vette.jpg
    Vette.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
S

signs-work

I like that seems i need alot of heat with this stuff i had a bit of trouble on just the mirrors. We got to completelly disassemble our crossfire want this to look good.