• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30-130 vs versaCamm vs 540

tomence

I'd stay away from any Rolands there like a toy, just ask Tomence

I'd go with the Mimaki all the way!!

As far as i know my Roland made me over $200K since i bought it which is what 8 months ago and still have a year and four months of warranty left, not one nozzle dropout yet, the Mimaki not so much. When i had the Mimaki i spent more time and money fixing it than using it.

Robert M

Cjv30 / vs 540

Both are using an 8 channel Epson head so output will be similar
Mimaki comes with at least $992.00 worth of ink, double that if you sign up for the two year warranty (and agree to use OEM inks during the warranty) I think the Roland comes dry. The Mimaki has a reversing auto take up allowing you to print and cut without the media hitting the floor. Roland wants an extra 2100.00 for a take up that will only work in the print mode.
Mimaki inks list at 124.00/440ml, Roland are 129.00/440ml

anotherdog

My opinion is the Roland is a better build. Just check the posts and compare roland issues to Mimaki. We went with Roland and have had not a single issue in 6 years...oh and ditto, not a single nozzle has dropped.

In the end both machines will do the job. Go with the company that offers the best support.

tomence

Both are using an 8 channel Epson head so output will be similar
Mimaki comes with at least $992.00 worth of ink, double that if you sign up for the two year warranty (and agree to use OEM inks during the warranty) I think the Roland comes dry. The Mimaki has a reversing auto take up allowing you to print and cut without the media hitting the floor. Roland wants an extra 2100.00 for a take up that will only work in the print mode.
Mimaki inks list at 124.00/440ml, Roland are 129.00/440ml

Check your facts first and then reply with the correct prices and supplies that are included when buying a new Roland.

Comes with free 2 year warranty you don't have to upgrade to anything, it costs less than the Mimaki, i pay $108 for 440cc and also got 8-440cc carts when i bought mine. The only thing missing is the take up reel and even if you buy the take up reel is still cheaper than the Mimaki. Roland is way faster when switching from printing to cutting.

MRLGraphicstz

Graphic Designer / Print Operator
Well very confused. I have roland VS-540 but unfortunately i have faced some technical problems due lack of correct technicians including from Roland Resellers agency.

Mimaki Reseller Agency is launching in our country. And will show us the Demo for CJV33. And they will also be able to convert into continuos ink system. My concern as far they can give me good price of ink and good support will be fine for me. But still will i get the best quality like Roland?

Personally i prefer Roland but due to lack of the pricing of the machine, consumables and support it make me change my mind and try Mimaki.

Any suggestions you can give me please feel free. As i have VS-54 but i don't use Print and cut at all. I just print small small stickers on Clear Transparent Material and White Vinyl Sticker.

If Mimaki can give me these options then it can be great.

you can send me personal message for more suggestions and Troubleshooting part so when i am with the technician i can debate with them.

Thanks

With best regards.