• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30 upgrade with silver

artbot

my supplier has a print produced by roland to promote silver in on their wall. from five feet away, you can hardly tell it's got silver ink in it. before getting too excited about the silver i'd get a sample. it's not very eye catching. the particles are too small to catch light and it just comes off as a glowing gray.

bigben

my supplier has a print produced by roland to promote silver in on their wall. from five feet away, you can hardly tell it's got silver ink in it. before getting too excited about the silver i'd get a sample. it's not very eye catching. the particles are too small to catch light and it just comes off as a glowing gray.

it sure not like a reflective vinyl, but it's comparable to the metallic prints made by offset press. If you can get the sample made by mimaki, the metallic colors pop more because they find a better way to use it. By this I mean the graphic not the equipment.

artbot

the image i saw some female head shot with silver lips and silver make up highlights... etc.
they took it off the wall and flexed it in the light and were like "woohooo look at the silver"... i was like, "hmm... you shouldn't have to lean it into the light and flex it in order to see it. prints are on walls and flat."

billram570

I run 3 Mimaki JV33's and a CJV30 in my studio. We have the white and silver configuration in 2 of our JV33's and my CJV30. Im also a dealer for Mimaki and the ES3 inks do take longer to run. The profiles are set to print slower with the ES3 inks than with the SS21 inks. Im actually about to switch back one of my printers to the SS21 ink because of the speed. Also, with the existing profiles that exist for the ES3 inks the reds arent quite where the reds are with the SS21 ink.

As far as changing over the SS21 machines to the ES3 inks.Or changing the inks configuration over to use the white and silver its not hard at all. It really isnt a big deal. Its really depends what your existing ink config is now. Feel free to answer this post with which config you are now and I can walk you through the steps.

As far as the quality of the silver ink. Ive been very happy with it. We run it a lot in our studio. It looks very much like offset silver. I will say however if you either laminate it or uv coat it, or reverse print it on clear material. The silver will be toned down to almost a gray when seen through lam or clear. my best pieces are those printed on matte or satin substrates. Hope this info helps.

Rooster

If you can print white you can accomplish the same thing by printing directly onto a cast metallic vinyl that has a better metallic finish than anything you'll get with a silver ink. Just knock out the areas you don't want silver in with the white ink. Plus it's probably cheaper to buy the metallic vinyl than print the metallic ink on regular white vinyl.