• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

classic car dealership and garage logo

Joe Diaz

Yeah I had the headers down so low because it made more sense visually (from a graphic design standpoint that is), but I think you guys are right. Keeping in mind that the target audience for this is car lovers, that would probably stick out like a sore thumb to those people.

Here are two more options for the client to pick from:
octane 66 logo options.jpg

Also here is a pinup shirt design:
octane 66 shirt.jpg

Moze

Precision Sign Services
#2 for sure.

I keep seeing a three-eyed robot now when looking at the versions with the up-swept headers. :smile:

Forget that motor thing and just stick with the pinup girl layout, that is really nice.

I like your way of thinking.

Good job, Joe. I like the second version the best for the logo.

The t-shirt design will be nice with a few minor tweaks. You might wanna try adding the "66" drop shadow behind "Octane" as well. I also think the curve of her butt should only extend to the seam on her shorts. It seems kind of foreign, as is. Just food for thought. Great concept.

SignManiac

My one and only minor nitpick with the pin up is to tighten the spacing of the lower case "c" into the T and weld the tail to it the so you don't see the little hump. Other than that, nice as usual. Funny how that is the only thing that is glaring to my eye. It's those little subtle things.

TXFB.INS

for the intake does it have to be the 3 hole? I cant get WALL-E out of my head now looking at it.
what about down facing pipes? race headers RARELY go up.

OFF TOPIC, when you do these full color shirt designs how to you apply it? heat transfer, screen, Dye-Sub or DTG?

Sorry, that post I made at work earlier made no sense. Here's what I actually meant...

The circular shape to her rear seems too exaggerated.

Attachments

• pinup booty.jpg
    pinup booty.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 79

Joe Diaz

They didn't care for the other designs. One of those cases where you try to crawl inside a clients head and ask them all the right questions before doing the work. I had a heck of a time getting any input other than, "do your thing" which I did. Funny how they have something specific in mind after the fact. LOL

Here is what we came up with:
pinup 2.jpg

rjpjr

They didn't care for the other designs...
I am really glad they didn't like the other designs because this one is WAY better.
Awesome job Joe!!
Who is modeling for you while you are digitizing the pin ups?? :Big Laugh

Marlene

the first girl was classic pinup, this last one is just a ho, not digging it, first girl with car would be much better

Joe Diaz

the first girl was classic pinup, this last one is just a ho, not digging it, first girl with car would be much better
Hey now, how do you know. She could be a very nice girl. :wink:

I like the first one too. I've always liked the classic pinup style best. That is why when they said do what you want, I came up with that. The second attempt was based off their direction. So don't blame me ladies. LOL.

2B

girl 2 is defiantly blessed with some "thunder thighs" and some muscular calves. Guess that is the benefits of wearing high heels in a garage all day

Marlene

Hey now, how do you know. She could be a very nice girl.

not thinking nice girl, thinking sleezy girl. pinup much better. why not have a guy in tight shorter than shorts with his junk hanging out? then we'd be OK:Big Laugh